Re: [Recipes] new editor's draft

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:03:35 -0400
To: "SWD Working SWD" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Nice work Jon ... it looks like (unless I'm goofing something on this
end) that there are still a few remaining problems:

Recipe 4.

curl http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/examples-20080421/example4/
redirects to http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/examples-20080421/example4-content/2005-10-31.html
which says Example 3 in the HTML rather than Example 4.

likewise curl --header "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/examples-20080421/example4/
redirects to http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/examples-20080421/example4-content/2005-10-31.rdf
which has URIs containing example3 instead of example4.

Recipe 5.

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/examples-20080421/example5-content/2005-10-31-docs/index.html
lacks ID attributes for ClassA, ClassB, propA and propB.

All this pointing and clicking and looking makes me think it would be
nice to have a vocabulary validator, that can somehow do some of this
checking. But perhaps it would have to be driven by instance data.

> An excellent point, but I think we already decided that providing recipes
> for RDFa and GRDDL was out of scope (for this version of the document at
> least) and inserted the following to cover that particular portion of our
> posterior:
>
> "Finally, it should be noted that the Recipes described in this Cookbook are
> not the only way to publish a vocabulary or ontology for use by Semantic Web
> applications. RDFa and its cousin GRDDL may in the near future provide an
> effective method for publishing documents for use by both people and
> machines. But a useful discussion of RDFa and GRDDL is well beyond the scope
> of this document."

Perfect, sorry I missed that initially. It would be fun to write it up
as a Note sometime.

//Ed