W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > May 2008

Meeting record: 2008-05-13 SWD telecon

From: Diego Berrueta <diego.berrueta@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:07:31 +0200
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1210756051.4662.4.camel@duncan.fundacionctic.org>

The record [1] of yestersday's SemWeb Deployment WG telecon is ready for
review. A text copy follows below.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html

Topics:

         1. [5]Admin
         2. [6]RDFa
         3. [7]Recipes
         4. [8]Vocabulary Management
         5. [9]SKOS

Summary of Action Items:

   [NEW] ACTION: aliman to close issue 64 [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action26]
   [NEW] ACTION: Guus to mail his position on issues 72, 73 and 75 to
   the list [recorded in
   [54]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action25]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jon and Diego to publish a new Editor's Draft of the
   Recipes [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: marghe to send an email on the need to keep symbolic
   labels [recorded in
   [56]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action24]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph to review the new Editor's Draft of the Recipes
   [recorded in
   [57]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action06]

   [PENDING] ACTION: alistair and sean to add a note about
   irreflexivity to Reference [recorded in
   [58]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to check the old namespace wrt
   dereferencing [recorded in
   [59]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: antoine, ed to add content to Primer about
   irreflexivity [recorded in
   [60]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for
   RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in
   [61]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Clay will respond to Jakob about the resolution
   for notations and x-notation [recorded in
   [62]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ed to investigate what text could be added to
   primer re. concept co-ordination [recorded in
   [63]http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Editors of the Use Cases to clean up the lists of
   requirements in light of resolutions [recorded in
   [64]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus and Alistair write text for Reference
   indicating understanding of a possible need for future patterns for
   n-Ary label relations [recorded in
   [65]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus and Sean propose some owl:imports text for
   Primer [recorded in
   [66]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jon will correct the PURL references in the
   recipes and update the files in W3space [recorded in
   [67]http://www.w3.org/2008/04/29-swd-minutes.html#action12]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph compose intermediate pages for
   [68]http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec and
   [69]http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/ to inform readers of
   the paths to the old and new SKOS documents [recorded in
   [70]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default
   behavior" [recorded in
   [71]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
   Recipes implementations] [recorded in
   [72]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Sean and Alistair to send a file for the namespace
   [recorded in
   [73]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Sean to write a proposal to indicate to OWL WG our
   requirements for annotation properties [recorded in
   [74]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action07]

     [58] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action05
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action03
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action06
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14
     [62] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action01
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02
     [64] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action02
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action08
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action01
     [67] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/29-swd-minutes.html#action12
     [68] http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec
     [69] http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/
     [70] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action02
     [71] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14
     [72] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20
     [73] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action04
     [74] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action07

   [DONE] ACTION: Alistair to make a proposal for Issue 40 (Concept
   Coordination) [recorded in
   [75]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action09]
   [DONE] ACTION: Alistair to review Antoine and Guus' emails to move
   ISSUE-71 and -74 [recorded
   in[76]http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action09]
   [recorded in
   [77]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action11]
   [DONE] ACTION: Diego to review RDFa Primer Editor's draft
   [78]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/20080422/ recorded in
   [79]http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action09]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ed to review RDFa Primer Editor's draft
   [80]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/20080422/ recorded in
   [81]http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action08]

     [75] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action09
     [76] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action09
     [78] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/20080422/
     [79] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action09
     [80] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/20080422/
     [81] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action08

   [DROPPED] ACTION: Ralph to check whether the common interpretation
   of rdfs isDefinedBy fits thereasoning that was made
   in[82]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141
   .html [recorded
   in[83]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10]
   [recorded in
   [84]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action13]

     [82] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html
     [83] http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10


The full text of the minutes follows.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Admin

   guus: 6 telcons ahead, expect to finish technical work in this time
   frame

   next telecon: May 20

   <Ralph> Guus: regrets for next week

   <Ralph> Ralph: regrets for next week

   PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Washington face-to-face

   ralph: is there any question from those who weren't present at
   Washington?

   marghe: first I need to read the minutes, maybe later I'll send an
   email

   guus: (goes through the resolutions made at Washington)
   ... we have a list of remaining issues on SKOS

   Ralph: procedurally, if anyone wants to object any resolution,
   he/she must do so

   Guus: I propose to leave the approval of the minutes until next week
   in order to give time to others to review them

   seanb: can we have a summary of the resolutions at the bottom of the
   minutes?

   Ralph: that can be done by hand

   Guus: let's start by the end of the agenda, then come back to skos
   for the time remaining

RDFa

   Guus: telecon on may 8?

   <Ralph> [13]2008-05-08 RDFa minutes (still draft)

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/08-rdfa-minutes.html

   Guus: anyone here was on that telecon? (no one answers)

   diego's review of RDFa Primer Editor's draft ->
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Apr/0126.h
   tml

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Apr/0126.html

   ed's review of RDFa Primer Editor's draft ->
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008May/0030.h
   tml

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008May/0030.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Diego to review RDFa Primer Editor's draft
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/20080422/ recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action09] [DONE]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/20080422/
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action09

   <scribe> ACTION: Ed to review RDFa Primer Editor's draft
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/20080422/ recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action08] [DONE]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/20080422/
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action08

   <scribe> ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa
   (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
   [CONTINUES]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14

Recipes

   jon: I'll post a new version of the document this week

   guus: who reviewed the previous version?

   ed: I reviewed the previous version
   ... I can review again

   ralph: the latest public draft was published Jan 23

   <Ralph> [21]Latest Version of Recipes WD

     [21] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-swbp-vocab-pub-20080123/

   Guus: I expect decision on 3 weeks, by Jun 3

   Ralph: I can review, but I'll be unavailable this week

   JonP: only minor technical details remain, fixing PURL pointers

   <scribe> ACTION: Jon and Diego to publish a new Editor's Draft of
   the Recipes [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Ed to review the new Editor's Draft of the Recipes
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action05]

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph to review the new Editor's Draft of the
   Recipes [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action06]

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default
   behavior" [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
   [CONTINUES]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14

   guus: Ralph, you can propose a solution to issue-16 in your review

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
   Recipes implementations] [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]
   [CONTINUES]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20

   <scribe> ACTION: Jon will correct the PURL references in the recipes
   and update the files in W3space [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/04/29-swd-minutes.html#action12]
   [CONTINUES]

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/29-swd-minutes.html#action12

Vocabulary Management

   guus: I was not there during the discussion at the f2f

   <Ralph> [28]Vocab Management discussion

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#item07

   guus: can you recap the discussion, ralph?

   ralph: we had an extensive discussion on the scope, the audience,
   current practices used by SKOS, DC, FOAF
   ... we agree to extend some paragraphs
   ... we expect a new draft from Elisa soon
   ... less focus on philosophy and more on current practices

   vit: elisa is working on a version, still unfinished
   ... send the revised version by next week
   ... I won't have too much time before this weekend

   Elisa: we'll try to have something by next week

SKOS

   <scribe> ACTION: Alistair to make a proposal for Issue 40 (Concept
   Coordination) [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action09] [DONE]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action09

   <Ralph> [30]issue-40 (postponed)

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/40

   <scribe> ACTION: Alistair to review Antoine and Guus' emails to move
   ISSUE-71 and -74 [recorded
   in[31]http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action09] [DONE]
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action11]

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action09

   <scribe> ACTION: Ed to investigate what text could be added to
   primer re. concept co-ordination[recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [CONTINUES]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02

   guus: suggest to add some text to the primer to explain why it is
   not there

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of
   rdfs isDefinedBy fits thereasoning that was made
   in[34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141
   .html [recorded
   in[35]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10]
   [DROPPED] [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action13]

     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10

   <scribe> ACTION: alistair and sean to add a note about irreflexivity
   to Reference [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [CONTINUES]

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action05

   <scribe> ACTION: Alistair to check the old namespace wrt
   dereferencing [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [CONTINUES]

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action03

   <scribe> ACTION: antoine, ed to add content to Primer about
   irreflexivity [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action06]
   [CONTINUES]

     [39] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action06

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus and Alistair write text for Reference
   indicating understanding of a possible need for future patterns for
   n-Ary label relations [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [CONTINUES]

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action08

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus and Sean propose some owl:imports text for
   Primer [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [CONTINUES]

     [41] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action01

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph compose intermediate pages for
   [42]http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec and
   [43]http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/ to inform readers of
   the paths to the old and new SKOS documents [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [CONTINUES]

     [42] http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec
     [43] http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action02

   <scribe> ACTION: Sean to write a proposal to indicate to OWL WG our
   requirements for annotation properties [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [CONTINUES]

     [45] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action07

   <scribe> ACTION: Clay will respond to Jakob about the resolution for
   notations and x-notation [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [CONTINUES]

     [46] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action01

   <scribe> ACTION: Editors of the Use Cases to clean up the lists of
   requirements in light of resolutions [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [CONTINUES]

     [47] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action02

   <scribe> ACTION: Sean and Alistair to send a file for the namespace
   [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [CONTINUES]

     [48] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action04

   guus goes through the list of open issues
   ... marghe, can you take a look at the discussion in the f2f
   regarding to symbolic labels?

   marghe: I'll do that

   guus: on the first day of the f2f there was almost consensus to drop
   them

   marghe: for me it would be good to keep them because we may use
   them. I'll try to provide examples

   <scribe> ACTION: marghe to send an email on the need to keep
   symbolic labels [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action24]

   aliman describes issues 72, 73 and 75

   guus and alistair will write their positions on these three issues
   (72, 73, 75)

   seanb: consider the resolutions regarding broaderMatch, shall we do
   the same for exactMatch?

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to mail his position on issues 72, 73 and 75
   to the list [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action25]

   Guus: issue 64, we resolved on this, but we didn't close the issue

   <scribe> ACTION: aliman to close issue 64 [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action26]

   moving to SKOS reference

   Guus: the idea is to have a document with just the resolutions of
   the f2f
   ... I can send you the section

   moving to SKOS primer

   guus: we would want to publish a new working draft by the end of
   June

   ed: seems feasible, I need to discuss with antoine

   <edsu> anyone who wasn't there and is interested, alistair's slides
   from his talk:
   [52]http://www.slideshare.net/gardensofmeaning/simple-knowledge-orga
   nization-system-skos-in-the-context-of-semantic-web-deployment-libra
   ry-of-congress-may-2008

     [52] http://www.slideshare.net/gardensofmeaning/simple-knowledge-organization-system-skos-in-the-context-of-semantic-web-deployment-library-of-congress-may-2008

   guus: thanks to the host of the f2f meeting

   [adjourned]

-- 
Diego Berrueta
R&D Department  -  CTIC Foundation
E-mail: diego.berrueta@fundacionctic.org
Phone: +34 984 29 12 12
Parque Científico Tecnológico Gijón-Asturias-Spain
www.fundacionctic.org
Received on Wednesday, 14 May 2008 07:08:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 14 May 2008 07:08:01 GMT