Explanation of Updates to RDFa Syntax

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 16:00:21 -0700
To: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi all,

I was tasked with giving a clear explanation of the latest changes to
the RDFa Syntax document, in particular to point out that the changes
are quite minimal.

Thanks to Shane, my task is trivial. The diff between the February and
May drafts of the RDFa Syntax is available here:

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-rdfa-syntax-20080501/rdfa-syntax-wd-diff.html

Note, in particular, that there are 2 small changes:

1) @instanceof has been changed to @typeof

2) "useless triples", effectively chains of bnodes that are not
completed by non-bnodes at some point, are now *preserved* rather than
discarded.

Both of those are reflected in the diff of the processing rules (Section
5). In particular, point (2) is reflected in step 11 of the processing
rules, while point (1) is reflected in steps 4, 5, and 6.

Other changes in the document are editorial in nature to clarify
language that had been confusing, correct obvious mistakes (such as the
Creative Commons namespace), or add specific requested details from Last
Call comments, e.g. the CURIE datatype definition.

If you have any questions about these changes, please let us know!

-Ben Adida
ben@adida.net