W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > March 2008

Meeting record: 2008-03-11 telecon

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:00:50 +0100
Message-ID: <47D83672.7040701@few.vu.nl>
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Dear all,

The record of this week's SWD telecon [1] is ready for review. The text 
version is below.

Cheers,

Antoine

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html

-------------------------------------

SWD WG
11 Mar 2008

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
    Tom Baker, Ralph Swick, Clay Redding, Quentin Reul, Antoine Isaac, 
Diego Berrueta, Jon Phipps, Guus Schreiber, Ed Summers, Ben Adida, 
Margherita Sini
Regrets
    Alistair Miles, Elisa Kendall, Daniel Rubin, Sean Bechhofer
Chair
    Guus
Scribe
    Antoine

Contents

    * Topics
         1. Admin
         2. SKOS
         3. RDFa
         4. Recipes
    * Summary of Action Items

 

 
Admin

PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Mar 4 telecon: 
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/04-swd-minutes.html

RESOLUTION: to accept accept minutes of the Mar 4 telecon: 
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/04-swd-minutes.html

ACTION: Chairs to draft charter extension proposal for SKOS until July 
1st [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-swd-minutes.html#action01][CONTINUES]

Guus: this action will stay for another month

F2F Meeting

Tom: I cannot attend on Friday

<Ralph> [I need to be back in the US by Wednesday night]

Guus: Tuesday-Wednesday

Tom: OK with me

Guus: I'll set up a poll for this
... venue: London or Amsterdam?
... who could host in London? Alistair is not there.

Tom: we need to ask

Ed: any option is fine with me

Guus: Washington could be an option

Ed: we can look into LC hosting

ACTION: Guus to set up a poll for a meeting 6-8 may with different 
possible venues Amsterdam, Boston, London or Washington [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html#action02]

SKOS

ACTION: Alistair and Guus to check the text in the primer on 
relationship between Concept Schemes and OWL Ontologies. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action13] [CONTINUES]

Ed: I had some difficulties with the wiki

Ed: Antoine might have updated it

Antoine: not since publication

Tom: still missing the target dates

<edsu> Ralph, if you have time could we try to see what my wiki problems 
are after the call?

Tom: if they're the same as the Reference this could be added

Antoine: formal status on Primer?

Guus: RDFa: Primer is note, Reference recommendation
... OWL: both references

Ralph: it's up to WG to decide

Guus: I can live with either way
... suggest we let it open for the moment

-- SKOS Reference (Alistair, Sean)

Guus: not much comments

ACTION: Sean to propose a way to handle deprecated properties (updating 
RDF schema) [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-swd-minutes.html#action06] [CONTINUES]

ACTION: Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of rdfs 
isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10] 
[CONTINUES]

-- SKOS-XL: eXtension for Labels

Guus: let's wait till Alistair is here

"Open" SKOS Issues - http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/3

Guus: I added a mail to the agenda
... thought on specialization of relations
... I would go for a minimum set of specializations we really understand
... there are definitively issues with defining the semantics of 
predefined extensions
... e.g. broaderGeneric as sub-property of subClassOf


RDFa

Ben: we're getting very good comments
... there is a couple of issues we're still loking at
... people are looking at the details
... we want to rush asap a quick-fix to the Primer
... what would be the process?
... there is no real change in the flows/examples

Guus: brief round: Diego, Ed can you look at the changes in the mail?

<Ralph> RDFa Primer editor's draft

Ben: the Primer has grown and grown
... the document has been reviewed in the context of the TF

Diego: no reason to hold the change

Ed: OK

<Tom> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0032.html

<edsu> ben++ # for rapid fixes to the primer

RESOLVED to publish a new version of the RDFa Primer as proposed in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0032.html

ACTION: Ralph and Ben to publish web version of the new RDFa Primer 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]

Guus: do we have any ideas on TAG review?

Ralph: participants of the TAG expressed the intention to make comments
... no indication for the TAG making a formal review

Guus: so we can close the comment period to march 18

Ralph: the EARL group might make a review

Guus: March 21 in fact
... is still assume to be the deadline

Ben: we're in good shape for application report
... 3/4 implementations before the end of April

Guus: has the process for Candidate Rec changed since the last 3-4 years?
... has Tim been following this?
... or will Steve dot it?

Ralph: I will ask
... one comment might be whether we should change the document regarding 
profile URI
... during the candidate rec we might specify this requirement
... for the transition from candidate rec to rec we could make the change
... to satisfy the reviewers

Guus: if we make the change which is a design one should we go back to 
last call?

Ralph: we can make changes at this point
... once we're in CR it's different
... we need to note the changes

Guus: what if the comments happens and is an objection?

Ben: if this is the one sticky point it's ok
... we can make an answer

ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with 
assistance from Michael) [recorded in [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] [CONTINUES]

ACTION: Ben to clarify target date of publication of primer as note and 
update deliverables page [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/04-swd-minutes.html#action08] [CONTINUES]

Ben: we'll be pushing on the Primer in March

Guus: we should freeze the Primer for May 1

Ben: OK

Recipes

<Ralph> [Recipes] roadmap to the next draft [Diego 2008-03-11]

Guus: Diego sent a mail on the issues to make the document a note

Diego: first one regards the example
... moving the exampl to other domain
... can be done very quicky, except if we move to w3c.org

Jon: is it something we can do with CVS access?

Ralph: feel free to do so

ACTION: Diego, Jon and Ralph to coordinate Recipes examples for w3c site 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html#action09]

Diego: next comment is for recipe 6
... management of white spaces
... very simple addition

Guus: I'd like to have the comment on the WG space

Diego: I 'll ask the commenter to move the discussion on the WG list

Ralph: the whitespace escaping technique is _useful_ from a practical 
standpoint but it makes the example more obscure

Diego: other comments needs discussion
... 4 issues raised by Ian Davis
... we would like to get opinion from the previous editors
... on vocabulary URI vs. vocabulary document URI

<Tom> I would like to see this in context

<Ralph> Ralph: we use "vocabulary URI" to mean "namespace URI" but 
"namespace URI" is a term of art in SemWeb and we thought it better for 
new users to not use "namespace URI". The first time we use "vocabulary 
URI" we can say "also known as 'namespace URI'"

<Tom> +1 to Ralph's suggestion

Ralph: what we can say is mention namespace URI an example

<Ralph> Guus: and give an example

Jon: [about ISSUE-58 problem]

Guus: can we have it as an appendix?

<Ralph> issue 58

Ralph: no one seems to have a simple solution

Diego: propose to let the document like that and mention that no simple 
solution to handling q values in .htaccess could be found

Jon: Tim's comment on Cool URIs calls for a discussion in the WG

Guus: it will be on the agenda next week

ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior" 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] 
[CONTINUES]

<Ralph> [I will try to send email on the 303 redirection / content 
negotiation comment from Cool URIs. I had a chat with Tim about this 
last week]

ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes 
implementations] [recorded in [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20] [CONTINUES]

Guus: meeting is adjourned

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Diego, Jon and Ralph to coordinate Recipes examples for 
w3c site [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: Guus to set up a poll for a meeting 6-8 may with different 
possible venues Amsterdam, Boston, London or Washington [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Ralph and Ben to publish web version of the new RDFa 
Primer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair and Guus to check the text in the primer on 
relationship between Concept Schemes and OWL Ontologies. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action13]
[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to make a proposal for Issue 40 (Concept 
Coordination) [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action09]
[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to propose an approach to clarify which 
aspects of the extension module should be in scope for the candidate 
recommendation package. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to clarify target date of publication of primer as 
note and update deliverables page [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/04-swd-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa 
(with assistance from Michael) [recorded in [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
[PENDING] ACTION: Chairs to draft charter extension proposal for SKOS 
until July 1st [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-swd-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to add to Antoine's proposal for issue 71, a 
proposal for semantic relations between match relations and standard 
relations [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default 
behavior" [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of 
rdfs isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of 
Recipes implementations] [recorded in [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]
[PENDING] ACTION: Sean to propose a way to handle deprecated properties 
(updating RDF schema) [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-swd-minutes.html#action06]
 
[End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 12 March 2008 20:00:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 12 March 2008 20:00:56 GMT