W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > June 2008

meeting record: 2008-06-10 SWD WG telco

From: Vit Novacek <vit.novacek@deri.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:10:30 +0100
Message-ID: <485255A6.9070800@deri.org>
To: SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

the meeting record is ready for review at [1]. Thanks Tom and Ralph for their
help with resolving some bugs and uncertainties in the automatically generated
HTML! A text transcript given as [2] below...

Cheers,
Vit

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html
[2] Text version:
"""
SWD WG
10 Jun 2008

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
    Clay Redding, Tom Baker, Ralph Swick, Guus Schreiber, Vit Novacek, Sean
Bechhofer, Daniel Rubin, Ed Summers, Antoine Isaac, Quentin Reul, Jon Phipps
Regrets
    Margherita Sini, Diego Berrueta, Simone Onofori, Alistair Miles, Elisa Kendall
Chair
    Guus
Scribe
    Vit

Contents

    * Topics
         1. Admin
         2. RDFa
         3. Recipes
         4. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT
         5. SKOS
         6. RDFa Primer
    * Summary of Action Items





<TomB> Previous: http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-swd-minutes.html

guus: decision on the RDFa documents the major agenda item today
Admin

guus: two telcos remaining

... assumed to finish with telco by june 24

... last telco minutes accepted
RDFa

<scribe> ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with
assistance from Michael) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14][CONTINUES]

<Ralph> [RDFa] CR for RDFa [Ben 2008-06-09]

guus: ralph should explain more on that

ralph: published LC for RDFa
... in february
... WG is expected to collect comments
... once this is done, present to the director
... move to the last phase
... ready to issue the call for implementations then
... no objections in the TF
... open issues
... 106 - set of comments from TIMBL
... two classes of comments
... the claim of the TF is that the first class has been addressed - by
resolving the follow your nose issue
... the XHTML WG has decided to add this to the definition of DTDs
... the spec says there should be a doctype to validate

guss: not a feature at risk ?

ralph: no
... issue 113
... request to define processing rules in the spec
... we believe the spec has clear processing rules for copying doc fragments

guus: why this was not ruled out of scope?

ralph: we're not specifying proc. rules, leaving it open
... issues not closed, response to commentor send
... no satisfaction indicated so far
... record the state of the comment by the tracker

guus: anymore question from the WG?
... ed reviewed the document - are you happy to go to the CR?

ed: yes

<Ralph> Ralph: the Task Force has in fact resolved issues 106 and 113 and
replied to the commenter; they remain in the "open" state only while awaiting
the commentor's acceptance of the resolution

guus: asking diego
... diego sent regrets
... assume he agrees

<Ralph> Guus: I have seen no indication of objection from Diego

guus: resolution proposed - ask for transition of the RDFa documents
... and get CR status

ralph: we're done with CR if we have at least 2 implementation that pass test cases

<Ralph> PROPOSE: the SWD WG request the Director advance RDFa in XHTML: Syntax
and Processing to Candidate Recommendation per
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jun/0032.html, with exit
criteria being 2 implementations of each feature and 2 implementations that pass
all tests

guus: asks for objections, who seconds the proposals?

ed: second it

RESOLUTION: the SWD WG request the Director advance RDFa in XHTML: Syntax and
Processing to Candidate Recommendation per
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jun/0032.html, with exit
criteria being 2 implementations of each feature and 2 implementations that pass
all tests

guus: no objections, resolved by consensus
... have to wait for XHTML decision

<Ralph> note that per the CR draft, we are proposing July 15 as the CR end date

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph to draft to draft the RDFa transition request [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action01]

ralph: no controversy with the director anticipated

guus: waiting for the implementation report to be finished
... expect to have a telco middle July about the CR track

<edsu> Ralph++
Recipes

jon: current status - completed the document
... ralph expressed some irritation, we'll fix it
... not critical
... document is ready to publish we believe
... within the review
... several issues
... hash URIs - not addressed this use case
... usage of RDFa and GRDDL not covered - also an interested use case
... before the end of this WG, the document should perhaps be updated
... suggesting - publish the document, but revise the document before the end of
the WG

guus: we don't promise anything, but are open w.r.t. revisions

<Ralph> +1 to proceeding to NOTE for this document, noting in Status that RDFa,
new purl.org, and LCSH cases are not covered

jon: possibilities: postpone or publish with possible revision in the future

guus: proposes to publish as WG note
... see if we need revision later on

ralph: seconds guus

<TomB> +1 to advance note and update if necessary since that is an option

ralph: suggests mentioning the possibility of an update in the published document

guus: publishing good for giving an impression we're serious about that

jon: RDFa and GRDDL mentioned in a paragraph

guus: reviewers - ralph and ed - can comment on it?

<berrueta> I've been privately discussing this with Jon and I support his
proposal to publish a note now and try to update the document before the end of
the WG

ralph: happy to publish it

ed: happy as well

guus: advance to the note

PROPOSE: jon publish the document as working note

<edsu> JonP, berrueta: nice work!

guus: would like jon and ralph to take an action on reflecting the possible
future activities related to the document

<Ralph> PROPOSE: Advance Recipes to Working Group Note

RESOLUTION: Advance Recipes to Working Group Note

<scribe> ACTION: Jon and Ralph to publish the document [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action02]

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior"
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14][DROPPED]

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes
implementations] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20][CONTINUES]

guus: people really look at the WordNet implementation

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph to review the new Editor's Draft of the Recipes [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action06][DONE]
VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT

Guus: we have 4 reviews
... we were scheduled to get to a Working Draft by today

Vit: I've sent some materials to Elisa
... she has taken this into account
... I suppose she has incorporated changes
... I shortened the research topics and resolved 5 or 6 remarks from the reviewers
... I do not know the current status of the editors' draft
... not sure if she has sent an update to the list

Ralph: I am not aware of any off-list discussion with the reviewers

Guus: we'll have to wait for Elisa to be on a telecon
SKOS

guus: new reference WD published

<seanb> WD link

sean: commenting on the current status
... addressed 1 or 2 issues
... some editorial stuff
... addition of a section on notations
... semantic relations and OWL imports covered
... cleaning up, produced RDF schemas of the documents

guus: the main amount of work related to the current issues

sean: don't think other major issues need to be addressed besides the open issues

antoine: status of the primer
... no updates, only an editorial changes related to reference
... only thing since two weeks ago

ed: holding things up

<scribe> ACTION: Ed to investigate what text could be added to primer re.
concept co-ordination [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02][CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and equivalence
w/r/t subclass [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08][CONTINUES]

guus: discuss with antoine later on

<scribe> ACTION: Alistair to check the old namespace wrt dereferencing [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action03][CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Antoine and Ed to add content to Primer about irreflexivity
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action06][CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph compose intermediate pages for
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec and
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/ to inform readers of the paths to the
old and new SKOS documents [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action02][CONTINUES]

<seanb> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jun/0024.html

<scribe> ACTION: Sean and Alistair to send a file for the namespace [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action04][DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: Sean to write a proposal to indicate to OWL WG our requirements
for annotation properties [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action07][CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Editors of the Use Cases to clean up the lists of requirements
in light of resolution [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action02][CONTINUES]

guus: would like this to be done around the end of june

<scribe> ACTION: Margherita to liase with author primer about example using
plain literals and some with datatype literals [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/20-swd-minutes.html#action17][CONTINUES]

<seanb> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jun/0025.html

<scribe> ACTION: Seanb to set up wiki for SKOS/OWL patterns [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/27-swd-minutes.html#action14][DONE]

<Ralph> [on a quick glance, it appears to me that the SKOS 2005 namespace
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core is dereferencing OK

<scribe> ACTION: Editors to produce a revised SKOS Reference WD for June 3 on
which we can vote [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/27-swd-minutes.html#action15][DONE]

<edsu> seanb: where's that wiki page at< did i miss that?

<scribe> ACTION: Ed to write up the rationale behind the dereferencing behavior
for LCSH [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-swd-minutes.html#action01][DONE]

ed: there is an e-mail about that
... not provide more rationale now, willing to develop it more, done for the moment

<edsu> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jun/0019.html

<Ralph> thread on LCSH as SKOS linked data

guus: look at the issues
... issue 83

<Ralph> SKOS open issues

guus: wonders which issues are included, open. etc.
... main point for the next weeks agenda - how to resolve the last 6 issues
... move forward with issues 72, 73, 75

<scribe> ACTION: Guus to mail his position on issues 72, 73 and 75 to the list
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action25][CONTINUES]

<Ralph> update RDFa primer

tom: publish the updated RDFa primer - the reviewers should check it before
publishing
RDFa Primer

PROPOSE: publish the RDFa primer

<Ralph> updated RDFa Primer editor's draft (9 June)

<Zakim> TomB, you wanted to point out that RDFa action on Ben should be moved
forward

tom: points out an action on Ben in RDFa

<Ralph> Guus: PROPOSE to publish the RDFa Primer contingent on Ed's final review

guus: any seconds?

ralph: second

RESOLUTION: to publish the RDFa Primer contingent on Ed's final review

<TomB> ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with
assistance from Michael) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14][CONTINUES]

<Ralph> Ralph: reminder -- RDFa Primer will still be WD; intent is to transition
to NOTE after end of CR
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Ralph to draft to draft the RDFa transition request [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Jon and Ralph to publish the document [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action02]

[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with
assistance from Michael) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes
implementations] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ed to investigate what text could be added to primer re.
concept co-ordination [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and equivalence
w/r/t subclass [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to check the old namespace wrt dereferencing
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action03]
[PENDING] ACTION: Antoine and Ed to add content to Primer about irreflexivity
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph compose intermediate pages for
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec and
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/ to inform readers of the paths to the
old and new SKOS documents [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Sean to write a proposal to indicate to OWL WG our
requirements for annotation properties [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: Editors of the Use Cases to clean up the lists of requirements
in light of resolution [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Margherita to liase with author primer about example using
plain literals and some with datatype literals [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/20-swd-minutes.html#action17]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to mail his position on issues 72, 73 and 75 to the list
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action25]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with
assistance from Michael) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]

[DONE] ACTION: Sean and Alistair to send a file for the namespace [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action04]
[DONE] ACTION: Seanb to set up wiki for SKOS/OWL patterns [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/27-swd-minutes.html#action14]
[DONE] ACTION: Editors to produce a revised SKOS Reference WD for June 3 on
which we can vote [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/27-swd-minutes.html#action15]
[DONE] ACTION: Ed to write up the rationale behind the dereferencing behavior
for LCSH [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-swd-minutes.html#action01]
[DONE] ACTION: Ralph to review the new Editor's Draft of the Recipes [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action06]

[DROPPED] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior"
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]

[End of minutes]

"""

- --
Vit Novacek

SmILE group
Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)
National University of Ireland, Galway
Lower Dangan
Galway, Ireland
Tel: +353 91 495738
Fax: +353 91 495541
Web: http://www.deri.ie/about/team/member/vit_novacek/

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIUlWmc7uyClWR0g8RAufCAJ95VtR9RPXmBhYqagMOOJ8fG/eTOwCgh82x
TOKhyGgCkJmAChY7RvHK0kU=
=RM+z
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Received on Friday, 13 June 2008 11:11:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:53 UTC