RE: Library of Congress Subject Headings as SKOS Linked Data

Richard,

>(I'm ignoring the availability of RDFa in my argument --
>unfortunately there is no way for a client to indicate that it supports
RDFa AFAIK,
>so it cannot really be factored into the content negotiation equation.)

As you may guess I have a comment regarding this one ;)

I'm note sure if I understand this correctly ('no way for a client to
indicate that it supports RDFa') but, though RDFa uses
'application/xhtml+xml' MIME type, there are several ways to
declare/detect RDFa content. All my statements are based on the latest
RDFa syntax CR document at [1].

First (not preferred by some people ;) you could/should use the type
declaration (<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML+RDFa 1.0//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-1.dtd">). Further, people are
encouraged to use the according @profile (<head
profile="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab">) and/or the version
attribute (<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
version="XHTML+RDFa 1.0" ... />).

Finally, the W3C TAG also addresses this issue, see [2].

Please feel free to discuss this issues also at our RDFa community Wiki
(e.g. at [3]).

Cheers,
	Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/CR-rdfa-syntax-20080612/#s_conformance