 From: public-swd-wg-request@w3.org on behalf of Antoine Isaac
 Sent: Sat 7/26/2008 00:44
 To: Alistair Miles
 Cc: public-swd-wg@w3.org
 Subject: Re: [SKOS] ISSUE-83 semantics of scheme containment
properties

 Hi Alistair,

 I agree that the first solution you propose makes the trick from a
 semantic perspective. But I don't like having an extra vocabulary
 element just for this...

 I had actually written [1] to look a bit like the general entailments
of
 the SKOS Reference, thinking that we could  just have:
 > ex:cs skos:hasTopConcept ex:c.
 > entails
 > ex:c skos:inScheme ex:cs

 Otherwise I think you can indeed introduce a non-named property in an
 OWL axiom, like (hoping I'm not making any mistake...)

 skos:hasTopconcept rdfs:subPropertyOf [ a owl:ObjectProperty;
 owl:inverseOf skos:inScheme .] .

 Again, I would definitively favor one of these two options over
 introducing a new property.

 Cheers,

 Antoine

 [1]