Re: [SKOS] About Closing ISSUE-36 ConceptSchemeContainment

Hi Alistair,

Thanks! The new Appendix E and the way it is referred to in Section 4.6.3
generally makes a nice complement to the existing resolution on
ISSUE-36. I would support a resolution stating that the issue is closed
by the mail on skos:inScheme [2] and this appendix.

And I have no problems having my mail not be re-used as such. Actually for the MAY words, they were here because you had put them in the original version of the Reference.

Also:
- for the TODO: for the moment I don't see more patterns that would be
needed. Were you thinking of different kind of relations (documentary
notes for instance)?

- with a bit more time to think about it, I have some comments regarding the remark

> Note, however, that this pattern would not be appropriate if different
> named RDF graphs were used to express different "states" or "versions"
> of a concept scheme; or if a concept scheme were viewed as having
> alternate expressions, as an RDF graph and an HTML document for
> example (in which case separate URIs might be required for the concept
> scheme, the RDF graph, and the HTML document).

First, I don't really see what you meant by "states".
Second, I don't see the problem for versions. Indeed, if a version is
splitted in several graphs (let's say one for the old base version of the concept scheme and a
new one for additions to it), I would suggest that one
"main graph" would always be created, and include the information
contained in other graphs by means of "owl:imports" statements. This
could solve the issue you mention. It would as well as create a unique
reference for the "complete concept scheme at version X", which is I
guess needed anyway for pointing at a given version of a concept scheme.

Cheers,

Antoine

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0058.html