AW: [SKOS] The return of ISSUE-44 (was Re: TR : SKOS Reference Editor's Draft 23 December 2007)

In litteris suis de Samstag, 12. Januar 2008 14:58,
public-esw-thes-request@w3.org <>scripsit:

> At 11:07 AM 1/10/2008, Bernard Vatant wrote:
>> OK Daniel, let me have another try  if you don't mind  :-)
>>>
>>> From my point of view, it does NOT make sense that skos:narrower
>>> and broader are not transitive.
>>> And if applications can go ahead and make them transitive by
>>> expanding how they wish, that violates the asserted SKOS semantics.
>>> Unless I'm misunderstanding something here, this sounds like a
>>> formula for chaos.

I know we're currently finialising the spec, but anyhow:

We could invent two new properties skos:broaderTransitive (a subproperty
of skos:broader)	and skos:narrowerTransitive (a subproperty of
skos:narrower) which both are declared as transitive. Could this be a
solution?

All the best,

Lars
--