[SKOS] Proposal ISSUE 47 MappingProvenanceInformation

Dear all,

I would like to make the following proposal for ISSUE-47
MappingProvenanceInformation

Proposal: considering that ISSUE-71 is CLOSEd by a resolution that
adopts a mapping vocabulary that parallels the SKOS paradigmatic
relation vocabulary (following e.g.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0062.html), we
CLOSE ISSUE-47 by adopting the Solution 1 from
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0017.html

My motivation is quite simple: if we go for the reification of mapping
relationships (the solution 2 of [1]), then we are not really parralel.
The way mapping relationship and paradigmatic ones would be represented
would actually be very different!

Further, I truly believe that solution 2 is very technical and fits more
the requirements of the ontology alignment community. For more general
SKOs purposes, it may be enough to consider mappings on a set basis. For
instance, Alasdair, in the mail below, had not thought about the
"individual provenance" requirement at a first glance. I would expect
this requirement to be very rare in SKOS use cases.

Best,

Antoine

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0017.html