Re: [SKOS] SKOS Reference Editors' Draft for Transition to CR

On 16 Dec 2008, at 07:58, Alistair Miles wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I submit the following bundle of resources for transition of the SKOS
> Reference to CR:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/Overview.html
> -- SKOS Reference
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/skos.html --
> SKOS Namespace Document (HTML)
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/skos.rdf --
> SKOS Namespace Document (RDF)
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/skos-xl.html
> -- SKOS XL Namespace Document (HTML)
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/skos-xl.rdf
> -- SKOS XL Namespace Document (RDF)
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/issues.html
> -- SKOS Disposition of Comments
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/extras.css --
> style for SKOS Reference
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/extras.js --
> script for SKOS Reference
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/issues.css --
> style for SKOS DisCo
>
> I have yet to proof-read these in their entirety, and so will fix any
> problems I find today. If you get a chance, please do give these a
> look over. If you notice anything please email me asap and I'll fix
> it. I'll confirm final CVS revs at the telcon later today.
>
> However, Sean and I believe our work on these documents is complete,
> and that we have dealt with all Last Call comments as agreed by the
> WG.
>
> I have closed or postponed all remaining open issues as previously
> agreed, with the exception of ISSUE-157, on the basis that commenters
> have had at least 2 weeks to indicate acceptance or otherwise.
>
> For ISSUE-157, a response to the commenter (Peter) was sent on 10
> Dec. Peter has indicated personal acceptance of our response, however
> the comments were also submitted on behalf of the OWL WG, which
> probably won't be able to respond before wednesday.

Three features were identified as "at risk" in the Last Call
Working Draft. The list below presents these along with any actions
taken.

     1.  The URI of the SKOS namespace. The current draft introduces a
        new namespace for the SKOS vocabulary. Comments have been made
        that this may cause difficulty for existing SKOS
        implementations or vocabularies. As a result, the choice of
        SKOS namespace should be considered "at risk of change".

As documented in ISSUES 153 and 175, the SKOS namespace has now
reverted to the original URI (http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core).

     2. Relationship between skos:exactMatch, skos:broadMatch and
       skos:narrowMatch. The Working group consider that there is
       insufficient implementation experience or evidence to be able to
       make a firm decision (see resolution of ISSUE 75). The current
       situation is that there are no axioms stating relationships
       between skos:exactMatch, skos:broadMatch and
       skos:narrowMatch. Axioms could be stated, for example, asserting
       that the composition of skos:broadMatch and skos:exactMatch is a
       subproperty of skos:broadMatch. Note that this would, however,
       require OWL 2 features which are not present in OWL.

No change made.

     3. The naming of the property skos:topConceptOf may change.

No change made.

	Sean

--
Sean Bechhofer