Re: OWL WG LC comment for SKOS reference document [ISSUE-154]

On 5 Dec 2008, at 10:55, Sean Bechhofer wrote:

> On 3 Nov 2008, at 20:25, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>

>> I would be minimally satisfied if the RDF/XML document that
>> embodies the
>> OWL portion of the SKOS semantics were to have comments (or SKOS
>> comments) in it that referred back to the semantic sections of the
>> SKOS
>> document, as in
>>
>> <!-- S1  	skos:Concept is an instance of owl:Class.  -->
>> <owl:Class rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/2008/05/skos#Concept">
>>   <rdfs:label xml:lang="en">Concept</rdfs:label>
>>   <skos:changeNote>
>>     <rdf:Description>
>>       <rdf:value>Initial description.</rdf:value>
>>       <dc:creator>Sean Bechhofer</dc:creator>
>>       <dc:date>2008-05-xx</dc:date>
>>     </rdf:Description>
>>   </skos:changeNote>
>>   <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2008/05/skos"/>
>>   <skos:definition xml:lang="en">An abstract idea or notion; a
>> unit of thought.</skos:definition>
>>   <dct:issued>2008-05-xx</dct:issued>
>> </owl:Class>
>
> Peter
>
> The latest version of the SKOS scheme:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/skos.rdf
>
> now has comments as requested above. There is also a comment in the
> header outlining those conditions that are not explicitly captured
> in the schema. I hope this is satisfactory.
>
> The schema will reside at the appropriate URI in the fullness of time.

As an experiment*, I have also provided an XSL sheet that will take
the SKOS schema and produce an OWL-DL version. Clearly this is only
one of a number of possible "translations" depending on how one
chooses to fix the OWL-DL violations. The XSL is available at:

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/skos2dl.xsl

	Sean

*I'd like to stress that this is just an experiment and intended to
be informative.

--
Sean Bechhofer
School of Computer Science