Hierarchical relationships

From: Reul, Q. H. <q.reul@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:16:13 +0100
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi,

As most of you know, the hierarchical relation in thesauri can be used to represent the generic, partitive and instantive relation between two terms. I remember the working group discussing this issue sometime ago and it was decided that such relations would not be included in the SKOS reference and primer. I do agree with this stance, but it would be useful to have something in Appendix A. SKOS eXtension for Labels (XL) describing how this could be achieved.

Regards,

Quentin

* Quentin H. Reul                        *
* PhD Research Student                   *
* Department of Computing Science        *
* University of Aberdeen, King's College *
* Room 238 in the Meston Building        *
* ABERDEEN AB24 3UE                      *
* Phone: +44 (0)1224 27 4485             *
* http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~qreul       *