W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > September 2007

LATE REGRETS - Re: Meeting record: 2007-09-04

From: Justin Thorp <juth@loc.gov>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:05:39 -0400
Message-Id: <46DE9B93020000D80001B06C@ntgwgate.loc.gov>
To: <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

My apologies for not attending the teleconference this week.  I was pulled into three different meetings all at the same time.

See ya next week.

- justin

******************
Justin Thorp
US Library of Congress
Web Services - Office of Strategic Initiatives
e - juth@loc.gov
p - 202/707-9541

>>> "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at> 9/5/2007 10:11:12 AM >>>


The record of yesterday's SWD telecon is available at 

 http://www.w3.org/2007/09/04-swd-minutes.html 


Two open issues, though:

 @Elisa:
  Can you please check your first sentence in 
  5. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT - I did not get the name right, I fear.
 
 @Tom:
  As well in 5. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT you said something like
  'TAG and ??? reviewed Sauermann, "Cool URIs for the Semantic Web"'
  I did not catch who else reviewed this. Can you sort this out, please?


Topics 
 1. ADMIN 
 2. SKOS 
 3. RDFa 
 4. RECIPES 
 5. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT 

Summary of Action Items:
[NEW] ACTION: Elisa to update the VocabMgt agenda in the F2F [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/04-swd-minutes.html#action13] 
[NEW] ACTION: Ralph update RDFa agendum for Amsterdam f2f after
discussion with RDFa TF [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/09/04-swd-minutes.html#action08] 
[NEW] ACTION: Tom to paste proposed solution to ISSUE-31 into F2F agenda
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/04-swd-minutes.html#action06] 
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to state the difference between the two
flavours of the SimpleExtension proposal for issue 26 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action05] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Elisa to ask for feedback on VM draft [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/21-swd-minutes.html#action06] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to email a proposal to the list about the issue
of containment [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/24-swd-minutes.html#action01] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to move ISSUE-26 forward [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to post user experience reports for ISSUE-26
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to update the f2f agenda [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action07] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3 [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-minutes.html#action09] 
 
[DONE] ACTION: Ben to bring up the HTML WG review of RDFa syntax with
Steven [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action01] 
[DONE] ACTION: Diego to prepare a f2f agenda topic for recipes [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action08] 
[DONE] ACTION: Vit to prepare WG agenda for VM by 11 September [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action10] 


Full text copy follows below.

Cheers,
	Michael
________________________________________________________________________
_________

Semantic Web Deployment Working Group

4 Sep 2007

Agenda [1]

See also: IRC log [2], previous 2007-08-28 [3]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Sep/0003.html 
[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/04-swd-irc 
[3] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes 

Attendees
 
 Present 
  Tom Baker, Ralph Swick , Ed Summers, Diego Berrueta, Antoine Isaac,
  Alistair Miles, Elisa Kendall, Guus Schreiber, Jon Phipps, 
  Michael Hausenblas 
 
 Regrets 
  Vit Novacek, Clay Redding, Quentin Reul, Simone Onofri, Daniel Rubin, 
  Sean Bechhofer 

 Chair 
  Tom 
 Scribe 
  mhausenblas 

 Contents
  Topics 
   1. ADMIN 
   2. SKOS 
   3. RDFa 
   4. RECIPES 
   5. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT 
  Summary of Action Items 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

ADMIN
PROPOSED to accept minutes of ->
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html 2007-08-28

Tom: There was a minor issue, though

<guus> second

RESOLUTION: accepted minutes of 28 Aug 2007

upcoming telecon: 11 Sep

face-to-face meeting - Amsterdam - October 8-9 2007

-> http://www.few.vu.nl/~aisaac/swd/ Logistics

<guus> regrets for 17 Sep [dinner in House of Lords :-)]

<RalphS> regrets from me for 11 Sep telecon

-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/AmsterdamAgenda draft agenda

-> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39408/swd-ftf-adam-registration/ 
registration

<scribe> ACTION: Guus to update the f2f agenda [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action07] [CONTINUES]

SKOS
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#SKOS 

Tom: New issue "Drawing the pictures" - see Sean's posting

-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Aug/0016.html 
post

Tom: Any volunteers?
... not a major issue; postpone

ISSUE 35: ConceptSchemeContainment
(http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/36)

<TomB> Guus proposes that we not discuss "drawing the picture" at the
F2F unless we have a document to discuss.

Guus: Discussed with Sean
... encourage people to use owl:import
... enables to make statements on multiple documents
... merge graphs

<scribe> ACTION: Guus to email a proposal to the list about the issue of
containment [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/24-swd-minutes.html#action01] [CONTINUES]

Guus: Will prepare this for F2F

Issue-26: RelationshipsBetweenLabels
(http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/26)

<scribe> ACTION: Guus to move ISSUE-26 forward [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04] [CONTINUES]

Guus: Will be finished within next two weeks

<scribe> ACTION: Guus to post user experience reports for ISSUE-26
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05] 
[CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Alistair to state the difference between the two
flavours of the SimpleExtension proposal for issue 26 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action05] [CONTINUES]

ISSUE-31 BasicLexicalLabelSemantics proposed resolution

see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jun/0170.html 

Tom: Alistair, is it a good place at the agenda for the F2F
... Should we copy in the proposed solution?

<scribe> ACTION: Tom to paste proposed solution to ISSUE-31 into F2F
agenda [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/09/04-swd-minutes.html#action06] 

ISSUE-38 CompatibilityWithOWL-DL

<guus> [sorry, i get called away for a few minutes]

OWL Full tag
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jul/0124.html 

Alistair: Compatibility with OWL-DL
... issue; new OWL 1.1 WG in the pipeline
... might be resolved within this new OWL version

Elisa: We've been following the OWL 1.1 development
... Sean may have a better idea about the timeline

Tom: Drop it for F2F

RDFa
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa RDFa Overview document

<scribe> ACTION: Ben to bring up the HTML WG review of RDFa syntax with
Steven [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action01] [DONE]

<RalphS> XHTML2 WG review

Ralph: Ben reminded Steven P. on the process
... Shane and Mark take care for the Syntax doc

-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa 

Schedule is out of sync!

Tom: I find it confusing looking at the Wiki page wrt F2F

Michael: Syntax - mean
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070830/ ?

Overview available at http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Drafts 

Tom: No preferences where to keep it updated

Michael: Looking at http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#RDFa 

Tom: RDFa issues at F2F are Syntax doc and get buy-in from rest of WG on
final design
... should prepare a snapshot around 24 Sep

<RalphS> ACTION: Ralph update RDFa agendum for Amsterdam f2f after
discussion with RDFa TF [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/09/04-swd-minutes.html#action08] 

RECIPES
see http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#Recipes 

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3 [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-minutes.html#action09] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Diego to prepare a f2f agenda topic for recipes
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action08] 
[DONE]

<berrueta> 

<RalphS> Diego's f2f Recipes agendum

Diego: Had a discussion with Jon just before the telecon
... can I commit the agenda to the Wiki?

<guus> [sorry for my absence, I' back]

Tom: Would be helpful for each discussion item to have a reading list

VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#VocabularyMgt 

Elisa: Peter (?) might shed some light on this and I see synergies
... agenda is capable of holding this?

<scribe> ACTION: Vit to prepare WG agenda for VM by 11 September
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action10] 
[DONE]

<TomB>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Aug/0037.html 

<scribe> ACTION: Elisa to ask for feedback on VM draft [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/21-swd-minutes.html#action06] [CONTINUES]

Tom: Can someone take an action to update the Wiki?

<scribe> ACTION: Elisa to update the VocabMgt agenda in the F2F
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/04-swd-minutes.html#action13] 

Tom: TAG and ZZZ reviewed Sauermann, "Cool URIs for the Semantic Web"
... my question is regarding the scope

Elisa: Talking about URI # vs. / issues
... beyond that it does not talk about other things

Tom: Should point from the SWD page to it
... AOB?
... Guus, anything about arrangements at F2F?
... dinner for those who arrive Sun night

Guus: Propose to start on Mon at 9:00 CET
... end Tue on 17:00 CET

<RalphS> list of Amsterdam hotels

<RalphS> Guus: allow 15-20 mins from the University to Schiphol airport

Guus: Back to SKOS
... regarding owl:import
... in SPARQL you can use multiple graphs

<TomB> Named Graphs, Provenance and Trust, Carroll et al. 

Guus: My question to Alistair would be
... if we can handle it without making SKOS dependent on OWL

Alistair: Using named graph
... and give guidance

<Elisa> there may be some related insights for provenance, etc. in the
proof markup language (pml) - see
http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/KSL_Abstracts/KSL-04-01.html 

Alistair: not for using owl:import

Guus: I'm going to write up the proposal

Antoine: Objection against owl:import

Guus: One solution would be to defined ConceptScheme as a subclass of
owl:Ontology

Tom: Thanks everyone

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Elisa to update the VocabMgt agenda in the F2F [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/04-swd-minutes.html#action13] 
[NEW] ACTION: Ralph update RDFa agendum for Amsterdam f2f after
discussion with RDFa TF [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/09/04-swd-minutes.html#action08] 
[NEW] ACTION: Tom to paste proposed solution to ISSUE-31 into F2F agenda
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/04-swd-minutes.html#action06] 
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to state the difference between the two
flavours of the SimpleExtension proposal for issue 26 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action05] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Elisa to ask for feedback on VM draft [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/21-swd-minutes.html#action06] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to email a proposal to the list about the issue
of containment [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/24-swd-minutes.html#action01] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to move ISSUE-26 forward [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to post user experience reports for ISSUE-26
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to update the f2f agenda [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action07] 
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3 [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-minutes.html#action09] 
 
[DONE] ACTION: Ben to bring up the HTML WG review of RDFa syntax with
Steven [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action01] 
[DONE] ACTION: Diego to prepare a f2f agenda topic for recipes [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action08] 
[DONE] ACTION: Vit to prepare WG agenda for VM by 11 September [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-swd-minutes.html#action10] 
 
[End of minutes]
________________________________________________________________________
_________

----------------------------------------------------------
 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
 Institute of Information Systems & Information Management
 JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
 Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

 <office>
    phone: +43-316-876-1193 (fax:-1191)   
   e-mail: michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at 
      web: http://www.joanneum.at/iis/ 

 <private>
   mobile: +43-660-7621761
      web: http://www.sw-app.org/ 
----------------------------------------------------------
Received on Wednesday, 5 September 2007 16:07:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:30 GMT