Re: [SKOS] Amsterdam topic "Concept semantics"

Hi Alistair, Daniel

Thanks for reading and commenting!

I agree that keeping the "domainless-ness" of SKOS
labelling/documentation properties help solving a lot of problem (that's
solution 4 in the wiki page).
One thing I would like to mention is that even with this option we
should put something related on the subject of labelling/documentation
of OWL classes in the current documentation.

Actually it was in the draft I prepared, but the "wikification" caused
the disappearing of the note :-(
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jun/0018.html
makes the point that applying labelling properties to a resource does
not make it an instance of skos:Concept. However, there could be
confusion: all existing SKOS documentation (e.g .
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#prefLabel) refers to these
properties as applied to instances of skos:Concept.

Cheers,

Antoine

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec