[SKOS] A new proposal for ISSUE-39 ConceptualMappingLinks

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:11:36 +0100
CC: public-esw-thes@w3.org, public-swd-wg@w3.org

Dear all,

After a long period of silence, I have attached a new proposal [1] for a
mapping vocabulary for SKOS to the page dedicated to ISSUE-39 [2]

A bit of history. Some months ago, I proposed a first solution, trying
to re-use the standard SKOS semantic relations (broader, narrower,
related) to map concepts from different schemes [3]. This first
proposal, submitted to the SKOS community list, was rejected (see
discussion [4]).

The new proposal hence follows an opposite approach. It is indeed more
conservative, trying to consolidate the existing SKOS mapping vocabulary
[5]. It therefore does not mix with the standard SKOS intra-scheme
relations vocabulary.
It also still delegates a lot of problems to other issues (like concept
coordination [6]). But I hope it will be easier to make a decision that way.

Comments are highly welcome! (I would like hereby to thank the SKOS
community for all the relevant points that were made last time)

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ConceptualMapping/ProposalTwo
[2] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ConceptualMapping/
[3]