[Fwd: [foaf-dev] updated FOAF spec]

Hi SWD folk

See attached re a new rev to the FOAF spec.

I'm wondering if others in this WG are interested in progressing the
term stability vocab that's used in FOAF.

It's at http://www.w3.org/2003/06/sw-vocab-status/ns#

See http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/index.rdf for usage. Basically we mark
each term in FOAF with a status category. Currently these are
"stable", "unstable", or "testing". For eg:

<rdfs:Class rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Document"
rdfs:label="Document" rdfs:comment="A document." vs:term_status="testing" />

Unfortunately these status terms are themselves ... unstable. The
terminology was borrowed from Debian Linux, but the definitions need ...
defining.

Alistair, ... are you still also using these in SKOS. Any sense for what
flesh we might put on these bones? There is of course also
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#Deprecation which we might start using too
(eg. foaf:geekcode property and similar).

cheers,

Dan

Forwarded message 1