RE: [SKOS] Proposed Resolution for ISSUE 26: RelationshipBetweenLabels

Hi Mark,

Yes, that's exactly the idea.

> That's really clever. It does make me feel uncomfortable though,
> from an ontology engineering point of view it feels like wrong
> modeling. But I have no clear idea whether it really matters.

One advantage of this solution is that it would provide an extension
point, from which communities could explore a variety of classes of
entity and/or n-ary relation with different logical semantics. I.e. SKOS
wouldn't pin anyone down to a single notion of what a "Term" is or might
be - communities would be free to define their own extensions, from a
common, well-defined extension point.

A disadvantage of this solution is that the class skos:Annotation would
be rather general, with different extensions potentially serving quite
different purposes. How should generic SKOS applications handle this?

Cheers,

Alistair.

[1]
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Mar/0092.html>