Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-3 @class and @role for rdf:type

Mark,

You are tempting me to reopen the issue, since you are mostly voting for
the status quo, but my chair responsibilities force me to refuse to fall
for your smooth ways :) Let me re-frame my reasoning, because I believe
this will be important for the principle of how we resolve other issues.

@href anywhere was *not* resolved in May or in the Primer or in the
talks. Adding @href everywhere does not create a moving target, it adds
a new way to express triples that may otherwise be difficult to achieve.
All existing RDFa in the Primer, in our examples, still work. All
triples generated by Operator are still good (though some new ones may
be missed if the spec was implemented very strictly.)

If we take away @class, we break almost everything, including most of
our successes to date. That's a big risk to take, and one we agreed we
couldn't take anymore.

So we're not just ratifying existing stuff only, but we must heavily
lean towards not breaking big items, as we agreed on 5/31, with every
core member of the task force on the call, minus Elias, who later
expressed significant "moving target" worries in a separate discussion.

I know, you must hate me right now, but that is the unfortunate destiny
 of most W3C chairs, as I understand it :)

-Ben