Re: POWDER tags use case rewritten and rdf:type requirement

On Friday 22 June 2007 11:52, Antoine Isaac wrote:
> Actually I was not questioning the need for linking a tag to its
> context, but the need to do it using a single property.

Ah, OK.

> By the way just think of an example where I have a document about
> 'Henry VIII'. I might want to contextualize the tag both by linking
> to another more complete concept representing henry VIII, and by
> refering to the 'real' foaf:person henry VIII. Would such a situation
> be realistic in your case?

Yes, I think that would be something some users would do, but I think
that is a case where tagging would be slightly inadequate, they could
create two different tags, though.

> Be careful, *there is no skos:it at the moment in SKOS*! [1]
> I would just recommend you to use your own property (or your own
> properties if you opt for the safer - in my opinion- way of
> representing the two links in a separate way), and then say that it
> is a subproperty of whatever SKOS 'official' property comes
> afterward. I don't like to speak this way on behalf of the SWD group,
> but I think we should be aware of people not introducing things in
> the namespace that have not been accepted.

OK, I'll create something myself for now.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo