Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-29: mime type of RDFa document

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 01:49 +0100, Dan Brickley wrote:
[...]
> For very concrete example, imagine this as RDFa in a <head> section:
>
>      <link rel="foaf:primaryTopic" href="#thething-itself" />
>
> And then later in the page contents:

> ...on the assumption that the xyz:abc property was supposed to be about
> the realworld main topic of the page (maybe a person, a movie, a museum
> artifact, etc).
>
> On my understanding there are some interactions between this style of
> RDFa and the existing conventions for text/html and
> application/xhtml+xml. Do we lose the RDF/XML idiom of using #blah to
> refer to the external world, then?

I don't think so.

In fact, the about attribute _reduces_ the conflict with
the tradition in the HTML world of #blah referencing a
document section.

The application/xhtml+xml MIME type spec should
be updated to specify fragments built using about= ,
but that seems straightforward.