Re: [SKOS] chatting on SKOS concepts and ontology classes (was Re: ISSUE-26: SimpleExtension proposal)

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 10:36:23AM +0200, Antoine Isaac wrote:
> >And what I am saying is that there is a community of people creating
> >OWL ontologies who want to use skos for interoperability with
> >terminologies.
>
> I think that even if this is the direction opposite to the one I
> demonstrated, this is still quite the same concern. If you have
> my:aorta rdf:type owl:Class
> you can just assert
> my:aorta skos:prefLabel "aorta"
> And bang, it is now also an instance skos:Concept, compatible with other
> terminologies. You can say my:aorta skos:broader his:BloodyThingsInbody,
> assuming that this is a concept define in someone else's terminology.

I don't quite get the "bang" part... What is there in the
semantics of skos:prefLabel [1,2] to support this inference?

Tom

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-swbp-skos-core-spec-20051102/#prefLabel
[2] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#prefLabel

--