Re: some thoughts about ISSUE 35 ConceptSchemeContainment

First, I am not too familiar with with the implications of owl:Ontology
and  owl:import.

I am really using the inScheme property in my applications to define
different "views"
(coexisting in one repository)
- define different sub-set ofs Concepts: CS hasTopConcept Ci  but also
Cj skos:inScheme CS
- define different coexisting sets of skos:broader/narrower relations
  (by means of not so nice - ad hoc - requiring subject and object to be
in the ConceptScheme).

As a concrete example we use mappings between two SKOS thesauri to make
2 collections annotated by
the two thesauri accessible by either one of them(no problem there,
those Concepts are disjunct).
It also proved useful to define a "merged thesaurus", where e.g. a
C1thes1 skos:broadMatch C2thes2
would lead to a merged thesaurus having C1thes1 skos:broader C2thes2.

What we do now: leave both thesauri in the repository with their
ConceptScheme defining their elements,
but requiring skos:broader/narrower subjects and objects to have
matching Conceptschemes, and adding a
new ConceptScheme, defining extra broader/narrower links, and extra
hasTopConcept
properties and by adding skos:inScheme properties.
(See this at work in our old demo Iconclass+ARIA:
http://stitch.cs.vu.nl/rp33333/MERGEDVIEW-E-ALL)

Of course the ideal solution would be to have the broader/narrower links
(but preferably concepts too!) explicitly tagged
by a ConceptScheme, and have sufficiently powerful reasoning facilities
for using such tags(preferably with tag/ConceptScheme
aspects handled the same way as other aspects).
 Using inScheme, with the current state of technology solves my problem.
I do not really understand the details of the
proposed solution but does it imply allowing distinction within one
repository of having multiple distinguishable
 broader relationship graphs between shared Concepts? (I hope it does,
and I hope it is implemented in enough "standard rdf
 reasoners").

(Another use case is a Taxonomical thesaurus where an expert and a
layman should be presented with a different
hierarchy of shared Concepts)

Lourens