Re: Why I don't like 'instanceof' (was Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-3: syntactic sugar for rdf:type)

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:28:14 -0700
To: Keith Alexander <k.j.w.alexander@gmail.com>
CC: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>, Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Keith Alexander wrote:
> This may be late in the day to say this, but I liked @class.

Unfortunately, and as much as I agree with you, it is too late at this
point. We've resolved this issue and opted for a new attribute.

In a private email, someone sent me the suggestion "resourcetype"... not
sure if I prefer that to instanceof, but I thought I'd throw it in the
mix since it is quite explicit and a bit less "programmatic."

-Ben