W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > July 2007

meeting record: 2007-07-17 SWD telecon

From: Clay Redding <cred@loc.gov>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:00:46 -0400
Message-Id: <469CD99E0200006A0000F440@ntgwgate.loc.gov>
To: <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

The [1]record of today's SWD WG telecon is ready for review.
A text copy follows below.  

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html

Topics:

1. [5]Admin
2. [6]SKOS
3. [7]RDFa
4. [8]Recipes
5. [9]Vocabulary Management

Summary of action items:

[NEW] ACTION: Alistair to state the difference between the two
     flavours of the SimpleExtension proposal for issue 26 [recorded in
     [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Diego to write test to confirm what's broken about
     recipes as stated re: ISSUE 58 [recorded in
     [30]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to propose dates in Oct for Amsterdam meeting on
     SKOS [recorded in
     [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action01]
     [recorded in 
     [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to move ISSUE-26 forward [recorded in
     [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04].
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to post user experience reports for ISSUE-26
     [recorded in
     [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3
     [recorded in
     [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-minutes.html#action09]
[DONE] ACTION: Antoine to raise issue of adding broader/narrower
     relations in skos [recorded in
     [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action03]
[DONE] ACTION: Ralph to Discuss possibility of meeting for RDFa in
     Cambridge [recorded in
     [37]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action02]

The next telecon is scheduled for Tuesday, 24 July, 1500 UTC
-- Clay
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

                                             SWD WG

17 Jul 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jul/0104.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Tom, Clay, Alistair, Ed, Ralph, Daniel, Justin,
          Elisa, Diego, Antoine, Jon, Vit,
          Simone, Ben

   Regrets
          Sean

   Chair
          Tom

   Scribe
          Clay

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Admin
         2. [6]SKOS
         3. [7]RDFa
         4. [8]Recipes
         5. [9]Vocabulary Management
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <RalphS> [11]previous 2007-07-10

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/10-swd-minutes.html

Admin

   RESOLVED: accept minutes of July 10 telecon: [12]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/10-swd-minutes.html

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/10-swd-minutes.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to propose dates in Oct for Amsterdam meeting on SKOS [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [recorded in [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action01] [CONTINUES]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action01
     [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action01

SKOS

   <scribe> ACTION: Antoine to raise issue of adding broader/narrower
   relations in skos [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action03] [DONE]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action03

   <Antoine> [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/56

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/56

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to move ISSUE-26 forward [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04].
   [CONTINUES]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to post user experience reports for ISSUE-26
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [CONTINUES]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05

   Alistair: re: simple extension proposal. There are two distinct
   "flavors". Guus assumed one, Antoine the other. A need exists to
   clearly distinguish those flavors.

   <TomB>
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jun/0060.h
   tml

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jun/0060.html

   <TomB>
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jun/0078.h
   tml

     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jun/0078.html

   Alistair: about interpretaion of skos label and RDF plain literals
   ... not ready to discuss the SimpleExtension issue, and awaiting
   Guus' user experience report re: different flavors

   <scribe> ACTION: Alistair to state the difference between the two
   flavours of the SimpleExtension proposal for issue 26 [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action05]

   <RalphS> Alistair: in ->
   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jun/0060.h
   tml my bijection message I mistakenly referred to issue 33 rather
   than issue 26

     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jun/0060.html

   Ed: will grouping constructs be documented somewhere?

   Alistair: suggested procedure is to work on 2 wiki drafts: 1) skos
   primer with grouping constructs overview; 2) skos semantics with
   formal specifications discussing grouping constructs. Once first
   drafts exist, the WG considers as whole.
   ... the 2 drafts are linked

   Tom: goal is to have W3C recommendation, one of the docs would be on
   semantics, as part of a larger package.

   Antoine: supports

   Ed: supports

   Alistair: propose resolution for issue 33 ... Post 166 is the technical resolution for issue 33

   <RalphS> PROPOSED: ISSUE 33 is resolved with the design in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Semantics/Grouping?actio
   n=recall&rev=4

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Semantics/Grouping?action=recall&rev=4

   Alistair: I expect us to revisit this issue.

   <RalphS> Alistair: I expect there to be issues with this grouping
   module but we can raise those as separate issues

   Tom: we can resolve for now, but if at a later point we need to
   reopen this we can. For momentum we should resolve.

   Alistair: more specific issues can be addressed separately as needed

   RESOLUTION: ISSUE 33 is resolved with the design in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Semantics/Grouping?actio
   n=recall&rev=4

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Semantics/Grouping?action=recall&rev=4

   Jon: how do we mark an issue as resolved? Can mark it manually and
   move state to "closed".

   Tom: Issue 31 Alistair proposed a way forward on
   BasicLexicalLabelSemantics

   <RalphS> [25]issue 31: BasicLexicalLabelSemantics

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/31

   Alistair: idea of makring triples as optional was the only way at
   the time I could see that people will want to use SKOS with OWL DL
   ... also thinking about namespace
   ... re: skos semantics, OWL flavors, and inference engines

   Dan: get DL people involved in discussion

   Alistair: the triple is optional in case where you want to stay
   within DL.

   <RalphS> Alistair: I meant the notation "[DL-optional]" to mean that
   the triple is optional in the case that the application wants to be
   within OWL-DL

   <Antoine> Annotation properties must not be used in property axioms.
   Thus, in OWL DL one cannot define subproperties or domain/range
   constraints for annotation properties.

   Alistair: some triples will take us out of DL into OWL Full. How to
   mark that? If you want to stay within DL, it's marked as optional?

   Tom: AListair is trying to say that if you want to remain within OWL
   DL you don't use this triple.

   Alistair: there could be a subset of SKOS that allows this, akin to
   OWL Full and OWL DL

   <RalphS> Ralph: we seem to be heading toward having SKOS-FULL and
   SKOS-DL. (ugh)

   Antoine: if we accept the triple then we're in OWL Full

   <RalphS> Antoine: suggest the notation "[OWL-Full]" in place of
   "[DL-optional]"

   Ed: are there use cases for inferencing using OWL Full as opposed to
   OWL DL

RDFa

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph to Discuss possibility of meeting for RDFa in
   Cambridge [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action02] [DONE]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action02

   RalphS: thanks the WG for input on @class /
   @role / @instanceof

Recipes

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3
   [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-minutes.html#action09]
   [CONTINUES]

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-minutes.html#action09

   Jon(?) and Diego: re: .htaccess 'accept header' and header which EXACTLY matches
   "application/rdf+xml"

   <scribe> ACTION: Diego to write test to confirm what's broken about
   recipes as stated re: ISSUE 58 [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action08]

   <RalphS> Ralph: issue 58 came up in the context of when the HTTP
   spec permits multiple Accept: headers

Vocabulary Management

   <RalphS> Ralph: the question for issue 58 is really wether our
   current recipe permits a comma-separated list of acceptable content
   types

   Elisa: I've thrown in some paragraphs in Wiki. I took Alistair's
   comment on re-titling section, and have added paragraph on 404
   errors.
   ... possibility to add Vocab Mgmt. on agenda for 10 mins. next week?
   ... will try to have more substantial text for discussion
   
   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Alistair to state the difference between the two
   flavours of the SimpleExtension proposal for issue 26 [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Diego to write test to confirm what's broken about
   recipes as stated re: ISSUE 58 [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   
       [29] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action05
       [30] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action08

     
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to propose dates in Oct for Amsterdam meeting on
   SKOS [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to move ISSUE-26 forward [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04].
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to post user experience reports for ISSUE-26
   [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3
   [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-minutes.html#action09]

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action01
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-swd-minutes.html#action01
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action04
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action05
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-minutes.html#action09

   [DONE] ACTION: Antoine to raise issue of adding broader/narrower
   relations in skos [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph to Discuss possibility of meeting for RDFa in
   Cambridge [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action02]

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action03
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/03-swd-minutes.html#action02

   [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 17 July 2007 19:01:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:29 GMT