Re: [SKOS] on ISSUE-36

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 00:33:31 +0200
To: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
CC: jphipps@madcreek.com, public-swd-wg@w3.org

Antoine Isaac wrote:

[..]

> Do you mean that proper solution for ISSUE-36 on ConceptScheme
> containment (http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/36) would help
> you remove your objection? I have the feeling somehow that we are
> argueing over the use of BT as mapping links between different
> vocabularies because we don't have a solution for ISSUE-36 (and, I
> agree, this one might be hard to find). which bothers me a bit because
> these problems seems to me slightly orthogonal...

About ISSUE -36 (although it is officially not open):

I must admit that I have given up on solving this problem (which reoccurs in many forms) at the RDF/OWL level (as it currently stands). All RDF/OWL tools I use work with some form of naming a graph (typically through a quadruple instead of a triple format). I don't think this working group should try and solve this problem.

I therefore propose to POSTPONE this issue and indicate in our spec a text indicating how users are expected to solve this at the tool level.

Guus

[..]

--
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Computer Science
T: +31 20 598 7739/7718; F: +31 84 712 1446