[RDFa] Review Primer

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:06:45 +0100
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

RDFa Primer, 3rd revision

Guus Schreiber

2. RDFa Primer, 3rd revision

Status section should be changed to reflect new
situation (SWD).

A "Changes" section is missing, please add.

Sec. 2:

The iCal and VCard examples would benefit from
some (nonformal,
textual) explanation of what they contain.

   Note how the about attribute is inherited down
the DOM tree hierarchy:
You assume the reader knows about how the DOM
hierarchy works. Either
make this clear in the "Intended audience" section
or mark this as a
note for a particular reader subset.

Typo: "Simple enough!,"

Sec. 2.6: suggestion to include a short discussion
about the resulting
triple set, e.g. the talk is not linked to Jo Smith.

Sec. 3:

When you introduce resp literal and URI
properties, refer back to
Sec. 2 to indicate how this distinction becomes
apparent there.

   An RDFa-aware browser would thus extract the
following RDF triples:

Why didn't you add similar example triples in Sec.
2? Given what you
stated about required knowledge of RDF I would
suggest to explain the "<>"

   (The ^^XMLLiteral notation, which denotes a
datatype, will be
   explained shortly.)

XMLLiteral was already used in Sec. 2.6, so move
this remark to 2.6.

Sec. 4:

About the editorial note: I don't really see the
repetition. I
actually like this treatment of "advanced" RDFa

Sec. 5:

Make clear whether this section is a required
read. I would suggest
not. Is it correct to say that this section mainly
adds info about how
to handle blank nodes? If so, please make this

Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Computer Science
T: +31 20 598 7739/7718; F: +31 84 712 1446
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/