W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > February 2007

Re: [RDFa] FOAF this!

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:22:51 -0500
Message-ID: <45E44CCB.8060600@adida.net>
To: "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
CC: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hausenblas, Michael wrote:
> 
> Reading Danny Ayers blog entry [1] on "So I have a FOAF... now what? " 
> I thought it might be nice to "reuse" the already existing FOAF files 
> out there.
> 
> So, now here is the result - a (very simple) FOAF/RDF to 
> FOAF/RDFa converter [2].  You just point it to a FOAF document 
> and it generates a HTML document containing (some of) the FOAF ready
> to use in a Web page.

This is great!

I would strongly suggest using the CLASS= approach (even if we're still
debating it), because otherwise you're digging into CURIEs and that is
something we probably don't need beginners to see right away.

I think the rest of the HTML template could be a bit simpler, too, using
the striping approach. I'll see if I can simplify it in the next couple
of days.

> What I did not figure out yet is, why a dynamic generated 
> RDFa document can't be converted back on the fly, viz. [4]
> does _not_ work, while the 'static' version [5] works just fine ... 
> and yes: I also tried it with other RDFa extractors :)

It looks to me like the HTML is being encoded and spit out inside a
<code> block. That's probably the reason.

-Ben
Received on Tuesday, 27 February 2007 15:22:23 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:28 GMT