[SKOS] inconsistency between Guide and Specification

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:46:52 +0100
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

While trying to write down a resolution for the
relationship between labels I found:

in the Core Guide, section on Multilingual La
belling [1]

   It is recommended that no two concepts in the
same concept scheme be given the same
   preferred lexical label in any given language.

in the Core Specification, table of prefLabel [2]

   No two concepts in the same concept scheme may
have the same value for skos:prefLabel
   in a given language.

The weaker constraint in the Guide makes sense to
me. I will most likely propose an even weaker
version in my resolution.

Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Computer Science
T: +31 20 598 7739/7718; F: +31 84 712 1446
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/