Re: SKOS and FOAF

Daniel Rubin wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I got a message below from a user who is trying to use SKOS in a
> project, but is getting tangled in a problem with the FOAF URL to define
> the NS which is preventing use of SKOS. Any suggestions?
> Daniel

Thanks. It certainly ought to be the case that FOAF and SKOS work well
together. If someone is having trouble, I would like to find out why.

That said, I am having trouble understanding the detail of the message.

http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/20050603.rdf is an archive-only snapshot of
FOAF's RDF description, never intended for use as a namespace. Well,
people are free to do so, but it would be excessively cautious usage, I
think.

It soulds like they are using some particular toolset. Do you have any
more details?

For example, http://www.dasbistro.com/~sam/raptor.lisp seems to be
fixing on that specific URI.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ontology.protege.owl/19596
suggests that URI is being used in Protege circles.

Could you ask if http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/index.rdf works OK for them?

Perhaps the problem is with our content negotiation setup. That could
well be the case. If you can find out what tool is being used, I could
run some tests...

cheers,

Dan