RE: [RDFa] The CLASS attribute

Karl Dubost wrote:
> Longer: Microformats call it "Unique Root Class Names". To
> avoid name clashes in software implementing microformats
> scrapping, they have to be sure to scope the right
> microformat. The switching mechanism
> (namespace) is a root class name which is nesting the other
> class values.[2] So it is a "namespace", microformats just do
> not call it a namespace.

I hate to be a contrarian, but I've brought up the issue of disambiguation
on the Microformats list and discussed it at length, and IMO they are not
willing to address the issue with any level of realism [1]. They presume
that all "microformats" will be blessed, except those that they don't like.
And they encourage people to do roll their own (just don't call them
"microformats") while at the same time ignoring the potential for gross
interoperability problems their lack of co-existence plan for non-blessed
semantic markup will spawn.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/