W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > February 2007

[ALL] meeting record: 2007-02-13 SWD telecon

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:27:59 +0100
Message-ID: <45D21F4F.5040701@few.vu.nl>
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>



The record of today's SWD telecon is available [1].
A full text snapshot follows below.

   [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/02/13-swd-minutes.html


Topics <#agenda>

   1. SKOS <#item01>
   2. Receipes <#item02>
   3. Vocabulary management <#item03>
   4. Semantic integration <#item04>
   5. RDFa <#item05>
   6. issue tracker usage <#item06>
   7. AOB <#item07>

Summary of Action Items:

[NEW] ACTION: Elisa to contact Daniel for participating in Semantic 
Integration note [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/13-swd-minutes.html#action18]

[NEW] ACTION: Ralph to ask Ben to request a review for RDFa primer 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/13-swd-minutes.html#action20]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Alan to write down the general documentation 
requirements, in particular to those that are related to literal values, 
and how to represent that in skos [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action09]

[PENDING] ACTION: Alan write up the preferredLabel modelling issue 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action01]

[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to rephrase the old issue of skos/owl-dl 
coexistence and semantics [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action08]

[PENDING] ACTION: Antoine to capture the issue on capturing 
relationships between labels [recorded in 
[50]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action04]

[PENDING] ACTION: Elisa to summarize state of Vocabulary Management 
draft, add comments, and coordinate work [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action06]

[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to check that this issue of more specialization 
than broad/narrow is on the issues list [recorded in 
[54]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action03]

[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to check with Veronique on the terms being 
outside the iso standard [recorded in 
[55]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action07]

[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to contact persons working on versioning in 
Knowledge Web for Vocabulary Management draft [recorded in 
[56]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action05]

[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to flag the issue of RDFa REC track on the 
coordination group [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action03]

[PENDING] ACTION: guus to pick a SKOS issue and open it [recorded in 
[44]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-swd-minutes.html#action13]

[PENDING] ACTION: Jon to update Recipe issue list as per dropping of 1.2 
[recorded in [58]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action11]

[PENDING] ACTION: Jon to update Recipe issue list as per resolution of 
issue 1.1 [recorded in 
[59]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action10]

[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3 [recorded 
in [60]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]

[DONE] ACTION: Alistair to raise a new issue about USE X + Y and USE X 
OR Y [recorded in 
[47]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action07]

[DONE] ACTION: Alistair to summarizes the aspects of semantics of the 
skos data model [recorded in 
[49]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action06]

[DONE] ACTION: Alistair to update the schedule for SKOS documents 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action10]

[DONE] ACTION: Antoine to provide more use cases of uses of qualifiers 
[recorded in [51]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action02]

[DONE] ACTION: Bernard to raise new issue re IE6 hack in Recipes 
[recorded in [52]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action12]

Antoine

-----------------


SWD WG
13 Feb 2007
Agenda

See also: IRC log

Present
    Ralph, TomB, JonP, Antoine_Isaac, Elisa_Kendall
Regrets
    Alistair, Daniel, Guus, Simone, Sean, Diego, Ben, Michael, Bernard
Chair
    Tom
Scribe
    Antoine

Contents
    Topics
        SKOS
        Receipes
        Vocabulary management
        Semantic integration
        RDFa
        issue tracker usage
        AOB
    Summary of Action Items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

<RalphS> Previous: 2007-02-06 http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-swd-minutes.html

<RalphS> Scribe: Antoine

TomB proposes to accept minutes

scribe: we don't have cleaned-up minutes from last week
... will ping Alistair on that

RESOLUTION: minutes accepted

SKOS
<scribe> ACTION: [DONE] Alistair to update the schedule for SKOS 
documents [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action10] - see 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Feb/0021

<scribe> ACTION: [DONE] Alistair to raise a new issue about USE X + Y 
and USE X OR Y [recorded in 
[47]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action07] - see 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Feb/0036

<scribe> ACTION: [DONE] Alistair to summarizes the aspects of semantics 
of the skos data model [recorded in 
[49]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action06] - see 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Feb/0035

<scribe> ACTION: [NEW] guus to pick a SKOS issue and open it [recorded 
in [44]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-swd-minutes.html#action13] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Alan to write down the general documentation 
requirements, in particular to those that are related to literal values, 
and how to represent that in skos [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action09] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Alan write up the preferredLabel modelling 
issue [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action01] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Alistair to rephrase the old issue of 
skos/owl-dl coexistence and semantics [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action08] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Antoine to capture the issue on capturing 
relationships between labels [recorded in 
[50]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action04] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Antoine to provide more use cases of uses of 
qualifiers [recorded in 
[51]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action02] [DONE]

<RalphS> [SKOS] Cases for coordination [Antoine 2007-02-13]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Guus to check that this issue of more 
specialization than broad/narrow is on the issues list [recorded in 
[54]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action03] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Guus to check with Veronique on the terms 
being outside the iso standard [recorded in 
[55]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action07] [CONTINUES] 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/13-swd-minutes.html#action11]

Receipes
<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Bernard to raise new issue re IE6 hack in 
Recipes [recorded in 
[52]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action12] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Jon to update Recipe issue list as per 
dropping of 1.2 [recorded in 
[58]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action11] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Jon to update Recipe issue list as per 
resolution of issue 1.1 [recorded in 
[59]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action10] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3 
[recorded in [60]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] 
[CONTINUES]

<JonP> Bernard's email re IE hack: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Feb/0060.html

Vocabulary management
<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Guus to contact persons working on versioning 
in Knowledge Web for Vocabulary Management draft [recorded in 
[56]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action05] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Elisa to summarize state of Vocabulary 
Management draft, add comments, and coordinate work [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action06] [CONTINUES]

Semantic integration
Elisa: Are we planning Chris Menzel as invited expert?

RalphS: feel awkward to invite Chris if there are other experts
... member submission note (with Deb? and XXX?)

Ralph: proposal to have Daniel carrying that on behalf of Stanford?
... depends on who is active (chris and deb and natasha)

Elisa: if Daniel is willing he could represent Natasha
... I will give Daniel a call and discuss about it
... if my name and Daniel's are on it, it would be good

<scribe> ACTION: Elisa to contact Daniel for participating in Semantic 
Integration note [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/13-swd-minutes.html#action18]

RDFa
<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Guus to flag the issue of RDFa REC track on 
the coordination group [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action03] [CONTINUES]

Ralph: Ben would like to know about the process of updating draft
... especially the primer

Tom: we need a bigger group to decide
... next week's call would be better

Ralph: BP WG process was to get two other WG participants to review 
editor's draft
... we can use the same procedure as there

Tom: so having two reviewers from current group and organize a 
discussion in teleconf
... we need to decide for deadline and process
... minimum of two weeks for the review
... sollicit reviewers via the list
... and based on answers and availability, decide time schedule
... so process should be for Ben to send a note to the chairs
... and copy the list

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph to ask Ben to request a review for RDFa primer 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/13-swd-minutes.html#action20]

<Zakim> JonP, you wanted to question about use of issue tracker

issue tracker usage
Jon: the issue tracker has an IRC bot

... synchronizing between list and issue tracker

<RalphS> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Feb/0067.html


SWD issues tracker: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/

Closed issues: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/closed

SKOS open issues: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/products/3

RDFa closed issue citation: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/13

AOB
Tom: meeting is adjourned

<RalphS> Elisa: at risk for 20 Feb

<RalphS> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Elisa to contact Daniel for participating in Semantic 
Integration note [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/13-swd-minutes.html#action18]
[NEW] ACTION: Ralph to ask Ben to request a review for RDFa primer 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/13-swd-minutes.html#action20]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Alan to write down the general documentation 
requirements, in particular to those that are related to literal values, 
and how to represent that in skos [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action09]
[PENDING] ACTION: Alan write up the preferredLabel modelling issue 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to rephrase the old issue of skos/owl-dl 
coexistence and semantics [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: Antoine to capture the issue on capturing 
relationships between labels [recorded in 
[50]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action04]
[PENDING] ACTION: Elisa to summarize state of Vocabulary Management 
draft, add comments, and coordinate work [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to check that this issue of more specialization 
than broad/narrow is on the issues list [recorded in 
[54]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action03]

[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to check with Veronique on the terms being 
outside the iso standard [recorded in 
[55]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action07]

[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to contact persons working on versioning in 
Knowledge Web for Vocabulary Management draft [recorded in 
[56]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action05]

[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to flag the issue of RDFa REC track on the 
coordination group [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action03]
[PENDING] ACTION: guus to pick a SKOS issue and open it [recorded in 
[44]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-swd-minutes.html#action13]

[PENDING] ACTION: Jon to update Recipe issue list as per dropping of 1.2 
[recorded in [58]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action11]

[PENDING] ACTION: Jon to update Recipe issue list as per resolution of 
issue 1.1 [recorded in 
[59]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action10]

[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3 [recorded 
in [60]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]

 [DONE] ACTION: Alistair to raise a new issue about USE X + Y and USE X 
OR Y [recorded in 
[47]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action07]

[DONE] ACTION: Alistair to summarizes the aspects of semantics of the 
skos data model [recorded in 
[49]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action06]

[DONE] ACTION: Alistair to update the schedule for SKOS documents 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action10]

[DONE] ACTION: Antoine to provide more use cases of uses of qualifiers 
[recorded in [51]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action02]


[DONE] ACTION: Bernard to raise new issue re IE6 hack in Recipes 
[recorded in [52]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action12]
[End of minutes]



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007-02-13$
Received on Tuesday, 13 February 2007 20:28:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:28 GMT