Re: [SKOS] semantics

[+cc Sandro Hawke]

Hi Alistair,

(obviously, with my Activity Chair's hat on:-) I wonder whether, at some
point, it would not be valuable to talk with the RIF guys. Indeed, it
*may* (emphasize on the conditional:-) be possible that the semantic
conditions could be expressed in what the RIF people call the 'core'.
And if it is not, then it is an interesting data point for them!

Obviously, I would like to reduce the number of specification-dependent
implementation requirements. Ie, it would be nice if a system is
RDFS+RIF Core aware (which may be a viable configuration at some point)
then this woulc automatically be SKOS aware, by feeding in the right
RDFS and RIF definitions. There might be two issues stading in the way,
though (without having made a thorough analysis, not being a logician
either): I am not sure whether the RIF core could express the transitive
closure of a predicate easily; and whether the datatype mapping they use
has any regard for the language tags...

I am happy to put this issue to the Coordination Group's agenda at some
point *if* you feel it would be helpful

Ivan