W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > December 2007

Re: [ALL] Agenda - Dec 18 2007 SWD telecon - 1600 UTC

From: Elisa F. Kendall <ekendall@sandsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:56:53 -0800
Message-ID: <4767EDC5.7040000@sandsoft.com>
To: SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Regrets for me this morning due to a conflicting meeting.  Happy 
Holidays to all,

Elisa

Thomas Baker wrote:

>Agenda - Dec 18 2007 SWD telecon - 1600 UTC
>W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
>    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/
>    Tuesday, 1600 UTC / 0800 Seattle / 1100 Boston / 1600 London / 1700 Amsterdam
>    Phone
>        Boston: +1-617-761-6200
>        Nice: +33-4-8906-3499
>        Bristol: +44-117-370-6152
>    Conference code 79394# ('SWDWG')
>    IRC irc://irc.w3.org:6665/swd Web-based IRC (member-only)
>
>Chair: Tom
>Scribe: Michael (Jon on deck)
>Regrets: 
>
>Attendance of SWD WG telecons is restricted to registered WG
>participants and persons invited by the chairs.
>
>======================================================================
>
>1. ADMIN (10 min)
>---------------------------------------
>
>PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Dec 04 telecon:
>
>     http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html
>
>Next telecon: 4 December 1600 UTC
>
>Upcoming telecons and scribes - 
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/ScribeDuty
>
>======================================================================
>2. SKOS - see
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#SKOS
>
>-- SKOS Reference (Alistair, Sean)
>
>Goal: produce new draft before the holidays and use the 
>holiday period for review.
>
>ACTION: Quentin to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02]
>
>ACTION: Vit to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference [recorded in ]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03]
>
>-- SKOS Primer (Antoine, Ed)
>   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Primer
>
>ACTION: Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]
>
>-- ISSUE-39 Conceptual mapping links
>   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/39
>
>ACTION: Antoine to send a msg proposing a resolution for next week telecon on ISSUE-39 considering Alistair's 3 subtopics [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action07]
>
>    ON THIS CALL, we decide whether to accept as a solution to ISSUE-39
>    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ConceptualMapping/ProposalTwo?action=recall&rev=5
>    With respect to sub-topics raised by Alistair:
>
>    (ISSUE-39A) Should "grouping" constructs for mapping be included, and if
>    so, what are their semantics?
>
>        This sub-issue is postponed until until a solution has been found to
>        ISSUE-40 ConceptCoordination [8] and ISSUE-45
>        NaryLinksBetweenDescriptorsAndNonDescriptors [9], which are about very
>        similar problems.
>
>    (ISSUE-39B) Is it necessary to have parallel vocabulary (skos:broader //
>    skos:broadMatch etc.)? If not, how do you differentiate between
>    intra-scheme vs. inter-scheme semantic links?
>
>        This sub-issue is dealt with: the SKOS mapping relations are
>        introduced as parallel to the existing SKOS semantic relations
>        (skos:broader, etc)
>
>    (ISSUE-39C) What's the difference between "related" and "overlapping"? Is
>    there enough precedent to justify a new property for "overlapping"?
>
>        This sub-issue is dealt with: only skos:relatedMatch is kept in the
>        proposal, and a discussion item gives motivation for it.
>
>-- SKOS Extension Module
>   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/SKOS-XL
>
>ACTION: Alistair to propose an approach to clarify which aspects of the extension module should be in scope for the candidate recommendation package. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]
>
>-- ISSUE-36 ConceptSchemeContainment
>   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/36
>
>ACTION: Antoine to send a mail to the list so as to have a discussion on ISSUE-36 and isDefinedBy for next week's telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action09]
>    
>    ON THIS CALL: Antoine proposes that the WG adopt the following 
>    resolution for Issue-36 [2]:
>
>    RESOLUTION: skos:inScheme is not deprecated, skos:inScheme is not a
>    subproperty of rdfs:isDefinedBy. In accordance [3] can be kept, but
>    adding inScheme in the proposed vocabulary as well as domain and range
>    statements for this property. It should also include the following
>    sentence: "The SKOS Primer also defines best practices for using
>    skos:inScheme to explicitly state the relationship between a SKOS
>    conceptual resource and the concept scheme(s) to which it belongs."
>
>    The general idea is "we let the opportunity of using rdfs:isDefinedBy
>    for some purposes open, but skos:inScheme is clearly what is needed for
>    concept scheme membership and we keep it in the SKOS language".
>
>    [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0058.html
>    [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ConceptSchemes/MinimalProposal?action=recall&rev=1
>
>ACTION: Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next week on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04]
>
>ACTION: Ralph to reconstruct proposal for semantics of isDefinedBy [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
>
>    Antoine proposes that this be reformulated to read:
>    "Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of
>    rdfs:isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in [1]."
>
>    [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html
>
>ACTION: Guus to write up the issue [of Label Resource] and add to the issue list. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01]
>
>======================================================================
>3. RDFa - see RDFa Overview document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/
>
>-- RDFa Task Force telecons
>   Teleconferences on Thursdays, 1600 UTC - open to "everyone interested in RDFa"
>   irc://irc.w3.org:6665/rdfa, conference code 7332# ('RDFa').
>   Minutes of last telecon:
>   http://www.w3.org/2007/12/06-rdfa-minutes.html
>
>Update: Diego and Ed will review updated syntax document
>(http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/) before holidays.  We will
>take a decision on 8 January telecon (with XHTML2 WG) on Last Call
>comment period of 4 to 6 weeks.
>
>ACTION: Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom [regarding maintenance of wiki document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa] recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action05]
>
>ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03]
>
>ACTION: Ben to update RDFa schedule in wiki http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04]
>
>======================================================================
>4. RECIPES - see
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#Recipes
>
>We are currently looking at Recipes editors' draft of 3 December: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/draft-20071203
>
>ACTION: Ralph and Ed to review recipes document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action18]
>    
>    ON THIS CALL, can we approve the publication of the Editor's 
>    Draft of 3 December as a (revised) Working Draft replacing [2]?
>    Then confirm intentions to finish the work as a Note, set schedule.
>    update wiki [3].
>
>    [1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/draft-20071203
>    [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-swbp-vocab-pub-20060314/
>    [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#Recipes.
>
>ACTION: Dan to ask apache about conditional redirects [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action07]
>
>ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
>
>ACTION: Ralph to come up with a URI for wiki page [for Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action04]
>-- see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0057.html
>
>ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action03]
>
>======================================================================
>5. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT - see
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#VocabularyMgt
>
>ACTION: Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the target sections plus an allocation of sections to people and potentially a standard structure for sections [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07]
>
>
>  
>
Received on Tuesday, 18 December 2007 15:57:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:32 GMT