Re: RE : Issue : unicity of prefLabel per language per concept scheme

Hi,

Sini, Margherita (KCEW) wrote:

> By the way, to solve the canyon problem I have also an idea: although
> I know that multiple BT are not to be preferred... would anyway be
> possible to make a unique term (or concept) "canyon" be related
> (whatever the relations is BT, RT...) to both planet and also
> satellite? I mean, do not have 2 prefLabels, but have only 1 as there
> will be a unique concept...
> Just a though...

I agree that one solution would be to declare multiple BT. I did
consider this. I have in the end gone for keeping the concepts separate
and providing unique prefLabels based on the context. I have provided
altLabels so that search can still take advantage of the short label.
The main reason for my choice is that we are encoding the vocabulary
that someone else devised and they saw fit to distinguish between these
two concepts.

Cheers,

Alasdair

--