Visibility opportunity

From: Sean Bechhofer <sean.bechhofer@manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:09:39 +0100
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

I'm the "Semantic Technologies Co-ordinator" for the European
Semantic Web Conference (ESWC) [1] for next year. In practical terms,
this means co-ordinating the publication of metadata describing the
conference program, papers, participants, events etc. This has been
done in the past using RDF with RDF or OWL schemas [2]. We'll most
likely continue with this, but it may be an opportunity to push out
SKOS -- much of this fits the "Pattern A" use case, with annotation
of objects (papers, people, events) with topics from a vocabulary.

So two questions:

1) Anyone interested in helping with this activity?

2) Are there existing SKOS versions of thesauri like the ACM
computing classification that would be appropriate for this purpose?

Cheers,

	Sean

[1] http://www.eswc2007.org
[2] http://www.eswc2006.org/technologies/