Re: SKOS use cases format

El mié, 22-11-2006 a las 22:25 +0100, Antoine Isaac escribió:
> >However, we are also interested on getting
> >feedback on the shortcomings of SKOS that arise from the actual uses of
> >the technology, because they may help to shape the development of SKOS.
> >Therefore, we might consider adding a specific section to obtain this
> >kind of feedback.
>
> Could you clarify a little bit? To me this actually starts looking like
> collecting requirements, but is clearly interesting...

I was wondering about adding a question such as "have you detected any
shortcoming in SKOS?". However, your point is right: this is closer to
collecting requirements to drive the future development of SKOS than
actually capturing use cases.

> I think I disagree here. Provided we are not horribly long and that we
> don't put too much pressure on people by asking them to fill everything,
> giving contributors a detailed structure of what we expect can be of
> great help.

Absolutely. I just think that people may be afraid by the length of the
questionnaire, even if we clearly state, as Alistair did, that all the
questions are optional.

>  Unless we decide that collecting use cases is more
> a matter of our continuously interviewing contributors, I think asking a
> someone to re-explain 80% of his use case because we were afraid of
> making precise wish-lists is not an option.

Of course, we should avoid this situation by all means.

My point is that we should try to get (a lot of) basic descriptions of
use cases. We will probably collect several slight variations of the
same use cases (a.k.a. patterns, such as those previously identified by
Alistair). We can select the most representative ones, and then ask for
further details (if we need them at all).

Best regards,

--
Diego Berrueta
R&D Department  -  CTIC Foundation