W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > November 2006

Agenda teleion 7 Nov 16:00 UTC

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 22:09:47 +0100
Message-ID: <4558DF1B.4060307@cs.vu.nl>
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

AGENDA  Teleconference
W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/
14 November 2006 Tuesday, 1600 UTC
         0800 (San Francisco)
         1100 (Boston)
         1600 (London)
         1700 (Amsterdam)
Duration: 60 min

Bridge: +1-617-761-6200 conference code 79394# ('SWDWG')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #swd
Web-based IRC (member-only): http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Chair: Tom Baker / Guus Schreiber
Scribe: tbd

Please note that attendance of SWD WG telecons is restricted to
registered WG participants and persons invited by the chairs.


[NEW] ACTION: Tom to discuss changing telecon time with Guus 
[recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/31-swd-minutes.html#action08]

[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair give pointers to deployed SKOS 
systems. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-swd-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Daniel to link his use case to SKOS draft 
[recorded in 
[19]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/24-swd-minutes.html#action01] 
[recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/07-swd-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Elisa to keep us posted as SKOS/iso 11179 
compatibility issue evolves [recorded in 
[36]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/31-swd-minutes.html#action07] 
[recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/07-swd-minutes.html#action03]


1. ADMIN (10 min)

- roll call

   PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 7 Nov telecon:
   http://www.w3.org/2006/11/07-swd-minutes.html

   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph consider a tutorial on scribe
   conventions [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]

telecon times:

   [NEW] ACTION: Tom to discuss with Guus [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/31-swd-minutes.html#action08]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph consider a tutorial on scribe 
conventions [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-swd-minutes.html#action01


Next telecon will be 21 November, 1600 UTC


     [NEW] ACTION: Elisa to keep us posted as SKOS/iso 11179
     compatibility issue evolves [recorded in
     [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/31-swd-minutes.html#action07]

     [NEW] ACTION: Elisa to post announcement to SWD list 
[recorded in
     [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/31-swd-minutes.html#action02]
     DONE:
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Nov/0002.html


2. SKOS REQUIREMENTS (30 min)

[NEW] ACTION: Alistair propose a format for presenting use 
cases [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/07-swd-minutes.html#action11]
DONE: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Nov/0014.html

[NEW] ACTION: Alistair work with the UCR editors to draft 
questions to invite the esw-thes mailing list to contribute 
to the use cases and requirements [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/07-swd-minutes.html#action10]

[NEW] ACTION: Guus cite some examples of other Requirements 
documents [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/07-swd-minutes.html#action09]

[NEW] ACTION: Jon, Daniel, Antoine figure out their 
individual roles as SKOS Requirements editors [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/07-swd-minutes.html#action07]

[NEW] ACTION: Ralph point Jon, Daniel, Antoine at the W3C 
tech report editors materials [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/07-swd-minutes.html#action08]
DONE: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Nov/0015.html

[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair give pointers to deployed SKOS 
systems. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/17-swd-minutes.html#action06]
DONE: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Nov/0012.html

[PENDING] ACTION: Daniel to link his use case to SKOS draft 
[recorded in 
[19]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/24-swd-minutes.html#action01] 
[recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/07-swd-minutes.html#action06]

[PENDING] ACTION: Elisa to keep us posted as SKOS/iso 11179 
compatibility issue evolves [recorded in 
[36]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/31-swd-minutes.html#action07] 
[recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/07-swd-minutes.html#action03]

    To be discussed:
    - use case format

SKOS Use Case: The Semantic Web Environmental Directory
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Nov/0014.html

SKOS use cases - why focus on the application?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Nov/0022.html


3. OTHER SHORT-TERM DELIVERABLES (15 min)

    [deliverables numbers taken from charter
    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/swdwg-charter]

3.1 Deliverable 5: RDF in XHTML

     Teleconferences Mondays, 1300-1400 UTC
     -- everyone interesting in RDFs is invited to participate
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Oct/0046.html
        An HTML WG shares these work items -- the charter for
        that group is still underway; there could be some 
re-scheduling to match.
References to RDFa in ISWC talk:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Nov/0016.html


3.2 Deliverable 2:  Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies

     Start + 2 months: Updated Best Practice Recipes for
     Publishing RDF
     Vocabularies Working Draft
         Current version:  http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub/
         Comments made under former SWBPD Working Group:
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Oct/0049.html

4. AOB (5 min)






-- 
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Computer Science
De Boelelaan 1081a, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 20 598 7739/7718; F: +31 84 712 1446
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/
Received on Monday, 13 November 2006 21:10:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:26 GMT