W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > December 2006

Re: December 19 telecon notes

From: Thomas Baker <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:19:30 +0100
To: Jon Phipps <jphipps@madcreek.com>
Cc: SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20061219211930.GA820@Octavius>

> The minutes of this week's teleconference have been posted at...
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html

Thank you, Jon.

Text attached below.

Tom

---

                                SWD WG

19 Dec 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/0065.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-irc

Attendees

   Present
          TomB, Ralph, Antoine, SeanB, Alistair, JonP, Diego, benadida

   Regrets
          Guus

   Chair
          TomB

   Scribe
          JonP, tomb

Contents

     * [4]Topics
     * [5]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <RalphS> Previous: 2006-12-12
   [6]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html

      [6] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html

   <TomB> Scribenick: JonP

   RESOLUTION: Accept minutes
   [7]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html

   <aliman> I will be on holiday 2 Jan

   Telecon times

   <TomB> RESOLVED: Next telecon 9 January 1600 UTC

   RESOLUTION: Next teleconference 9 January 1600 UTC

   <scribe> ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning
   scribe duties [recorded in
   [8]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [CONTINUES]

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01

   --continuing

   <TomB> [9]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables

   <aliman> looks good Tom

   TomB: Requesting that each editor check the deliverables page before
   telecon to make sure the links are updated and correct on that page
   ... Editors should raise any issues with that page during the
   telecon

   <RalphS> [10]Please register by 10 Jan for the January Face-to-face

     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/0071.html

   RalphS: Reminding everyone that we should build time into our agenda
   for linches, breaks

   <guus> [sorry. i'm sick]

   <RalphS> [11]f2f registration form

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/MGM07req/

   <scribe> ACTION: Everyone should be registered for the F2F by 10 Jan
   [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action02]

   <RalphS> scribenick: tomb

   Jon: Saw links to OWL issues list, etc - would be a good idea to
   consolidate a format - will try to wikify the OWL and former SW
   issues lists.
   ... Three old formats. Will try to consolidate those.

   <JonP> [13]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html

   <aliman> SKOS issues
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/proposals

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/proposals

   Alistair: Assumed we are migrating to completely new issues list.
   That list was mine. Action on me to prepare this old list as input
   for January meeting. Action on someone else to prepare new issues
   list.

   <JonP>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFinXHTML_Taskforce_Issues

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFinXHTML_Taskforce_Issues

   <RalphS> [16]RDFa issues list (now moved to wiki)

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFinXHTML_Taskforce_Issues

   Alistair: Not sure what needs to be done to old list - just print it
   off?

   RalphS: Alistair use judgement in categorizing issues, handing them
   over to this WG.

   Alistair: only seven open issues, all important.
   ... important to understand those issues in context of use cases.

   Antoine: Existing SKOS issues list - there were some closed issues.
   Re-open?

   JonP, can you please scribe again?

   <JonP> scribenick: JonP

   aliman: we have to deal with issue of translations we receive and
   might be worth raising a new issue around that

   <scribe> ACTION: Jon to create an issues page on the wiki [recorded
   in [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [CONTINUES]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action07

   <scribe> ACTION: Alistair to prepare issues list for January meeting
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06]
   [CONTINUES]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06

   <scribe> ACTION: Alistair will send the outstanding issues to the
   list and Jon will paste into the formatted page [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action05]

   <scribe> ACTION: sean to submit SKOS and rules issue using agreed
   issue format, directly into issues wiki page (waiting for Jon)
   [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [CONTINUES]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04

   - SKOS and ISO 11179

   <scribe> ACTION: Elisa to keep us posted as SKOS/iso 11179 [recorded
   in [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [DONE]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action07

   <RalphS> [22]brief update on 11179 from Elisa

     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/0053.html

   <RalphS> [[

   <RalphS> I'll be meeting with some of the contributors from Lawrence
   Berkeley

   <RalphS> Laboratories next week to talk about this, and have invited
   Dan Rubin to

   <RalphS> join me, so we should have more to share after that.

   <RalphS> ]]

   <RalphS> -- Elisa, in msg 0053

   aliman: Looking at the old issues list, it's actually "SKOS-core"
   and it's good to move that to a more general issues list
   ... also makes sense to rebrabd SKOS-core as SKOS with a single
   unified specification

   RalphS: endorses that suggestion

   benadidia: report on RDFa telecon...

   <RalphS> [23]RDFa use case wiki

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa_Use_Cases_and_Requirements

   benadidia: collecting more use cases over the next few days, for
   example science bloggers
   ... should have use cases reviewed in time for January F2F
   ... continuing work on XHTML1.1 integration with Mark
   ... XHTML1.1 Module needs to be updated on the deliverables page

   TomB: it would be helpful to make it possible for anyone to get a
   full picture of the complete project from the deliverables page
   ... suggesting that the deliverables page might point to the RDFa
   overview page

   <scribe> ACTION: guus to review RDFa documents [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [CONTINUES]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08

   <scribe> ACTION: guus/tomb to put item on f2f agenda to make
   publication decision for RDFa documents (use cases and primer)
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09]
   [CONTINUES]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09

   <TomB>
   [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/0056.h
   tml

     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/0056.html

   <scribe> ACTION: DanBri to send a report on the configuration he
   used to the list [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action11] [DONE]

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action11

   aliman: just a quick glance indicates that DanB's configuration
   doesn't conform to the recipes

   TomB: would Alistair please bring these issues out on the list

   berrueta: posted a link to his unit test code to the list, but no
   one has tried it yet

   TomB: suggest we take one of these issues pages as an exemplar

   <RalphS> Jon: it would be hard to replicate the OWL issues list
   format in a wiki

   <scribe> ACTION: Jon will choose one of the three issues pages,
   create a proposed format, and then post to the list for discussion
   [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action11]

   - Deliverable 3: Principles for Managing RDF Vocabularies
   (namespaces, change management, versioning)

   TomB: still no editor(s). Still no volunteers

   <RalphS> [29]RIF issues tracker

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/open

   RalphS: points out that a number of groups are using a
   database-driven issues tracking tool

   TomB: feels that it's a bit too much, but is worth considering if a
   lot of issues show up

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Alistair will send the outstanding issues to the list
   and Jon will paste into the formatted page [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Everyone should be registered for the F2F by 10 Jan
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jon will choose one of the three issues pages, create
   a proposed format, and then post to the list for discussion
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action11]

   [PENDING] ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning
   scribe duties [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to prepare issues list for January
   meeting [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: guus to review RDFa documents [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: guus/tomb to put item on f2f agenda to make
   publication decision for RDFa documents (use cases and primer)
   [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jon to create an issues page on the wiki [recorded
   in [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: sean to submit SKOS and rules issue using agreed
   issue format, directly into issues wiki page (waiting for Jon)
   [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action07
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04

   [DONE] ACTION: DanBri to send a report on the configuration he used
   to the list [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action11]
   [DONE] ACTION: Elisa to keep us posted as SKOS/iso 11179 [recorded
   in [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action07]

     [39] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action11
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action07


-- 
Tom Baker - tbaker@tbaker.de - baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de
Received on Tuesday, 19 December 2006 21:18:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:48 UTC