W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > December 2006

meeting record: 2006-12-12 SWD Telecon

From: Sean Bechhofer <sean.bechhofer@manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:16:34 +0000
Message-Id: <9621D15E-C111-4565-AA0A-7B60B0B03A83@manchester.ac.uk>
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>


The record of this week's SemWeb Deployment WG telecon is ready for  
review [1].
A text copy follows below.

	Sean

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
-

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                 SWD WG

12 Dec 2006

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/ 
0049.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Tom Baker, Michael Hausenblas, Ralph Swick, Ben Adida, Jon
           Phipps, Sean Bechhofer, Diego Berrueta, Bernard Horan, Daniel
           Ruben, Alistair Miles, Dan Brickley, Guus Schreiber (briefly)

    Regrets
           Antoine Isaac, Elisa Kendall

    Chair
           Tom Baker

    Scribe
           Sean Bechhofer

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Admin
          2. [6]SKOS Requirements
          3. [7]3. OTHER DELIVERABLES
          4. [8]AOB
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Admin

    TomB: Propose to accept minutes

    Daniel: Seconded

    ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning scribe
    duties [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
    [CONTINUES]

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01

    Bern: Who's planning to attend F2F?

    yes: ralph, alistair, ben, bernard, diego, jon, guus

    no: daniel, michael, sean, tom, danbri

    TomB: rough home page for wiki.

    ACTION: guus and ralph to look at structure of SWD home page and
    wiki home page to make sure access is easy [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action07] [DONE]

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action07

    ralph: talked with Sandro. Less optimistic that tools for Rules WG
    will
    ... be easily adopted unless we follow the same patterns of use. Not
    well documented.

    ACTION: Ralph to liaise with Sandro re Documentation tools [recorded
    in [12]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action01]
    [DONE]

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action01

SKOS Requirements

    ACTION: Alistair to prepare issues list for January meeting
    [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06]
    [CONTINUES]

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06

    ACTION: sean to submit SKOS and rules issue using agreed issue
    format, directly into issues wiki page [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04]
    [CONTINUES]

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04

    seanb: is there a page on the wiki?

    jon: probably not yet. Will put one in there.

    seanb: I understand that the format of the issues follows that used
    ... in WebOnt, but the wiki page is missing.

    ACTION: Jon to create an issues page on the wiki [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action07]

    TomB: Comments on use case collection?

    Jon: Received a few use cases.
    ... four maybe?

    Daniel: From whom? Has sent request to a few people.

    Jon: Everything received has been copied to the list

    Daniel: Posting what you receive?

    Jon: After the meeting
    ... page for each one with a link to a summary page on the wiki,

    Daniel: What's the deadline? Contacted users,
    ... if they don't reply will do it for them. Problems of gettting
    people to fill out questionnaires
    ... if Jan 14th comes, without use cases, what happens? Do we fill
    them out ourselves

    Alistair: ok for me.

    ACTION: Elisa to keep us posted as SKOS/iso 11179 [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action07]
    [CONTINUES]

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action07

    Recent email from Elisa regarding status of this

3. OTHER DELIVERABLES

    TomB: comment on other telecon?

    Michael: discussion about use cases. Discussed which use cases might
    be
    ... useful or extended. E.g. example from Mark with chemical science
    or multilingual
    ... looks like we're moving along. Next time deeper look at use
    cases. Please feel free
    ... to add use cases for RDFa

    ACTION: guus to review RDFa documents [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08]
    [CONTINUES]

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08

    ACTION: guus/tomb to put item on f2f agenda to make publication
    decision for RDFa documents (use cases and primer) [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09]
    [CONTINUES]

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09

    TomB: Recipes deliverable. Any comments?

    Jon: Set up a preliminary issues page including those forwarded from
    Best
    ... Practices. Diego pointed out some issues in recent email.
    ... also unit tests (very useful)

    Alistair: excited when Diego said he'd written unit tests. Exactly
    what's needed here.
    ... would be great to plan to accompany document with online
    validation service.
    ... asking if diego will make code available.

    ??: What's the W3C poliocy about hosting something like that?

    Ralph: No clear policy. Different precedents for different tests.

    DanBri: Used a version of the configuration from the document, but
    ... had to change it slightly.

    <aliman> danbri said: recently migrated foaf vocab to new server,
    used a variation of one of recipes in document (but slightly
    adapted)

    ACTION: DanBri to send a report on the configuration he used to the
    list [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action11]

    TomB; Principles for managing. No lead editor.

    scribe: call to SW list. See if anyone comes along who might be
    ... willing to pick it up.

AOB

    no items.

    meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: DanBri to send a report on the configuration he used
    to the list [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action11]
    [NEW] ACTION: Jon to create an issues page on the wiki [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action07]

    [PENDING] ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning
    scribe duties [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to prepare issues list for January
    meeting [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Elisa to keep us posted as SKOS/iso 11179
    [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action07]
    [PENDING] ACTION: guus to review RDFa documents [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08]
    [PENDING] ACTION: guus/tomb to put item on f2f agenda to make
    publication decision for RDFa documents (use cases and primer)
    [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09]
    [PENDING] ACTION: sean to submit SKOS and rules issue using agreed
    issue format, directly into issues wiki page [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04]

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06
      [24] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action07
      [25] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04

    [DONE] ACTION: guus and ralph to look at structure of SWD home page
    and wiki home page to make sure access is easy [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action07]
    [DONE] ACTION: Ralph to liaise with Sandro re Documentation tools
    [recorded [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action01]

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action07
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action01

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [30]scribe.perl version 1.127
     ([31]CVS log)
     $Date: 2006/12/12 18:12:27 $

      [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/ 
scribedoc.htm
      [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



--
Sean Bechhofer
School of Computer Science
University of Manchester
sean.bechhofer@manchester.ac.uk
http://www.cs.manchester.ac.uk/people/bechhofer
Received on Wednesday, 13 December 2006 09:17:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:47 UTC