Re: AGENDA 12 December 2006 - telecon - 1600 UTC

Hi All,

I have a conflicting call this morning as well, so regrets for me, but a
small update on 11179.  Sandpiper has been invited to join NCITS / ANSI
L8, which is the US standards body that participates in the ISO process
including metadata standards such as 11179, which we are in the process
of accepting.  We've also been asked to assist with establishing clear
scope for the standard and providing a more active liaison with this
group to support "harmonization".  So - I guess this makes it more
official and will give us a vote on the outcome.

I'll be meeting with some of the contributors from Lawrence Berkeley
Laboratories next week to talk about this, and have invited Dan Rubin to
join me, so we should have more to share after that.

Thanks and best regards,

Elisa