Re: Time Ontology in OWL WD published

Hi folks

Feng Pan a écrit :
> Hi Bernard,
>
> Thank you for your comments on the time ontology note.
>
> The semantics and the rules/axioms for the properties are defined
> formally in first-order logic, which can be found in [1,2]. [1] is
> linked from the note.
Thanks a lot for that. Actually [1] is quoted in the References section
with bibliographical elements only, but without URI, hence my question.
I think it would be good to add this link in the note.
> More comments can be added to the OWL code.
That would be good and beyond comments, having the formal axioms defined
by [1] in the OWL code would be good. Although I'm not sure which axioms
e.g., linking instants and intervals, expressed as first-order logic
predicates in this document, can be expressed in OWL. Did you explore
this question? (I'm sure you have sorry if it has already been
discussed). If not in OWL, what do you think of using SPARQL CONSTRUCT
to express those axioms? Else which language?
> As for the domain and range of time:inside, it's in a similiar
> situation as "begins" and "ends", as we have explained and discussed
> in [3]. To conform to OWL convention, we have followed Guus' comments
> to change "begins" to "hasBeginning" and "ends" to "hasEnd". However,
> if we would have to do the same thing for "inside", it would be
> changed to "hasInteriorPoint", but we would rather not to do so.
OK. That was a minor point, and moreover by a non-native english speaker
:-)