Re: An ontology of resources and realization [was: RE: on documents and terms [was: RE: [WNET] new proposal WN URIs and related issues]]

Scrive Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>:

> On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 17:36 +0200, Aldo Gangemi wrote:
> > Hi Pat, David, Dan,
> >
> > I've processed this thread only yesterday, and I find it very
> > entertaining, we're talking of substantial stuff here ...
> >
> > In my opinion, the discussion would be easier if we could negotiate
> > our meaning by using ontologies, which are not only an infrastructure
> > for the Semantic Web :)
>
> Yes, that's what I tried to do in
>  http://www.w3.org/2006/04/irw65/urisym

Good, I'll look at it right asap.

> > The key notions here are:
> >
> > - resource
> > - information resource
> > - represents
> > - abstraction
> >
> > As far as I understand, the point by David and Frank (and TAG) is
> > that "information resources" are not data,
>
> Really? What has the TAG written that suggests that?

Uh, I've processed the thread very quickly, and possibly misunderstood David's
and Frank's arguments as faithful commentaries to TAG. We'll go checking the
sources.

Aldo