[MM] Re: new prototype for multimedia annotations - what's similar out there?

no replies?

Anil Philip <goodnewsforyou@yahoo.com> wrote:    Specifically,
  from the text of http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html#tools

  Can you please point me to work that has been done regarding:
  Annotation Level: that is considered to be free level.
  Type of MetaData: structural and descriptive.
  Content type: audio and video
  thanks,
  Anil

Jacco van Ossenbruggen <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl> wrote:   Anil Philip wrote:

> Hello,
> I am interested in multimedia annotations. Specifically, I have
> been prototyping an idea and want to see how similar it is to
> what's out there.
> I have been going through
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html
> One of the handicaps I face is, several of them are papers not
> published on the web (at least, not free), and I am a lone programmer.

Anil,

Thanks for your interest. Could you be a little bit more specific about
the papers you are looking for?
We have tried hard to provide links for all references. A quick scan
learned me that there are currently only four references without a link
to the on line version. Of the two IEEE papers, I'm not sure of the
copyright issues, but I cannot imagine it will be hard for you to find
an electronic version of these papers on the web yourself. The other
two references are to the MPEG-7 by ISO standard and to a book by G.
Stamou and S. Kollias.

Hope this helps, Jacco

PS: As a service to the many other readers of this list,
please indicate the topic of your mail by starting the subject line
with [MM]