Re: [XSCH, ADMIN] document review and risk for next telecon

Hi Evan,

Many thanks for the helpful comments. All the comemnts have been implemented in the current draft.

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20060127/

>In other words would similar queries to the example which
> differ only in the FILTER clause, such as having a FILTER (?size =
> 01.3) . or FILTER (?size = 1.300) . return identical results?  I am
> hoping the answer is yes.

Yes, this is indeed a question on SPARQL rather than this draft. The answer is yes because the = in the above SPARQL is in fact  op:numeric-equal from XQuery rather than using the RDF semantics.

> Is approximate equality symmetric?  My reading of the definition is
> that it is not.  Since equality was described as being reflexive,
> transitive, and symmetric earlier in the document, shouldn't
> approximate equality also be described with respect to these
> characteristics?

I have added the following texts in Section 3.6 to clarify the point:

"The approximate equality is different from equality and is not necessarily symmetric, depending on the corresponding value approxiate map. The unsymmetry is needed to support e.g. type promotions in the XML Path Language 2.0 [XPath 2.0]. Note that notion of value approxiate mappings is very general - it does not disallow having symmetric mappings between two typed literals. In Example 3N, one can also specify a value approximate mapping from "1.3"^^xsd:float to  "1.3"^^xsd:decimal  to make the mappings between the two typed literals symmetric."

Greetings,
Jeff

--
Dr. Jeff Z. Pan (http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~jpan/)
Department of Computing Science, The University of Aberdeen