RE: [RDF/A] A non-XHTML Example

Ben,
Hmm, it sounds like you're not willing to go there yet -- I wish you would
be though! -- and that you're leaning towards removing the statements
altogether if a "generic XML application" presents too many problems.

OK, a few other issues related to usage in XHTML2 not in any XML dialect.

1. The primer/spec should clearly state its relationship with Modular XHTML.
I suspect the XHTML2 crew is creating an optional module that contains the
RDF/A attributes; therefore the RDF/A attributes can be used in XHTML Family
document types other than just XHTML2. If not, then I'd suggest you contact
them to ensure it does perhaps requesting that it be named "RDFA" or
something. It's fortunate for RDF/A that the id and href attributes are
required in all Modular XHTML doctypes.

2. It's not clear that RDF/A attributes are used on XHTML2 namespace
elements, regardless of the type of XML entity in which they are located. In
other words, the XHTML2 elements are not necessarily located in XHTML2
entities; they can be located in any XML entity. I suggest an example of
this technique would be useful.

<foo:Document>
</foo:Document>

Please note that I still assume that the 'property' attribute is defined as
QNAMES, not just QNAME, in the module. If that is not to be, please tell me
why not. If it is, let me know so that I can stop asking about it.

3. An XHTML2-oriented guideline may have more gravitas if it were
co-authored with the XHTML2 WG. Within the text, I suggest readers be
directed to relevant information in the XHTML2 specification and, for the
RDF/A spec, you likely need to indicate which spec has precedence -- yours
or the XHTML2 spec -- and in what matters.

Thanks,
John