[PORT] SKOS Core English annotations

From: Alistair Miles <a.j.miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:45:06 +0000
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org
CC: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

Hi all,

Following one of Jeremy's suggestions at [1], I'd like to propose we
factor all English annotations out of the main RDF description of the
SKOS Core Vocabulary and into a separate resource, as is currently the
case for all annotations in other languages. Jeremy's reasons:

    - yes english is the default language in W3C
    - but also yes the english labels should be accessible using the
same mechanisms as any other supported language. This will allow tools
to not have to special case for english.

This change would mean removing all statements matching the triple patterns:

  - (?x rdfs:label ?y)
  - (?x rdfs:comment ?y)
  - (?x skos:definition ?y)

... from the main RDF description of the SKOS Core Vocabulary, and into
a resource named:

  http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core_en

This change would also mean adding the following triple to the main RDF
description of the SKOS Core Vocabulary:

{
   <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core> rdfs:seeAlso
<http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core_en>.
}

Any objections to raising this proposal?

Cheers,

Al.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0082.html
--