W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > April 2006

Minutes of teleconference 2006-04-26

From: Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:05:00 -0400
Message-ID: <EBBD956B8A9002479B0C9CE9FE14A6C20B930A@tayexc19.americas.cpqcorp.net>
To: <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Minutes of teleconference 2006-04-26 in HTML:
http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html
and also below in plain text.


---------------------------------------------------------

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

             Semantic Web Best Practices and Deployment WG

24 Apr 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0061.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-irc

Attendees

   Present
          David Booth Ralph Swick, Libby Miller, Raphael Troncy, David
          Wood, Christian Halaschek-Wiener, Elisa Kendall, Guus
          Schreiber, Jacco van Ossenbruggen, Ben Adida

   Regrets
          Fabien Gandon, Jeff Pan, Fabio Vitali

   Chair
          David Wood, Guus Schreiber

   Scribe
          DBooth

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]1. ADMIN
         2. [6]2. LIAISON
         3. [7]3. TASK FORCE UPDATES
         4. [8]3.1 PORT - Porting Thesaurii to RDF and OWL (Alistair)
         5. [9]3.2 OEP - Ontology Engineering and Patterns (Deb/Chris)
         6. [10]3.3 WordNet (Aldo)
         7. [11]3.5 VM - Vocabulary Management (TomB)
         8. [12]3.6 HTML - Embedding RDF in HTML (Ben)
         9. [13]3.7 ADTF - Applications and Demos (Libby)
        10. [14]3.8 RDFTM - RDF/Topic Maps Interoperability (Steve)
        11. [15]3.9 Tutorial Page\
        12. [16]3.10 SE - Software Engineering
        13. [17]3.11 MM - Multimedia Annotation
     * [18]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <RalphS> Previous: 2006-04-03
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes

   <scribe> Agenda:
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0061.
   html

     [20]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0061.html

1. ADMIN

   RESOLUTION: to accept the minutes of the 3 April 2006 telecon:

   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes

   PROPOSED upcoming telecons: 8 Mayj

   Guus: There may be time between the start of other WGs taking up
   leftover work from this WG. DWood and I discussed limited
   continuation without formal approval, and agreed to do it.
   ... It will be a limited activity extension, provided there is
   participation from WG members. Telecons only by need.

   Ben: Thank you for volunteering to do this. It will be very helpful
   for our TF.

   Elisa: I also appreciate your support.

   Raphael: Busy with XG proposal. Should start very soon and be
   announced very soon.

   <libby> yes?

   <libby> ok that's fine

   Guus: Libby, we might want to discuss your TF transition.

   <libby> not done much on it lately though

   <Zakim> RalphS, you wanted to proposed continuedbiweekly telecons

   Ralh: Tom Baker and others are traveling this month, but i'm sure
   they'll be pleased.

   Ralph: Reason for bridge period is to help docs in the pipeline. I
   think it would be useful to keep telecons in place. Much easier to
   cancel than to schedule ad hoc.

   dbooth: +1

   <benadida> I will be at WWW2006/AC meeting

   Guus: May 22 is WWW2006. How many goingn to WWW2006?

   DWood: I think we should do it, and those who can attend will.

   <RalphS> I expect to be (remotely) attending the AC meeting on the
   22nd, but will make an attempt to participate

   Proposal: Telecon may 22 and every 2 weeks: June 5, June 19.

   <raphael> Jacco and Raphael travel to WWWW too

   RESOLUTION: Meetings May 8, May 22, June 5, June 19.

   Guus: Announcements:

   Defining N-ary Relations on the Semantic Web Note published

   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0028.
   html

     [22]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0028.html

2. LIAISON

   (Nothing)

3. TASK FORCE UPDATES

   List of output documents:

   [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Mar/0060.
   html

     [23]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Mar/0060.html

3.1 PORT - Porting Thesaurii to RDF and OWL (Alistair)

   (Nobody present)

3.2 OEP - Ontology Engineering and Patterns (Deb/Chris)

   <scribe> ACTION: Elisa to ask Sem. Integ. editors to revise prior to
   final mtg [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action04]
   [CONTINUED]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action04

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to sort out status of QCR note [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action05

   Guus: I need to talk to Alan Rector on this.

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph get N-ary Relation to WG Note [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action01] DONE

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action01

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph update ADTF link to point to DOAP Wiki
   [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action10] [DONE]

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action10

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph to find out who were previous reviewers of
   part-whole doc and see if they will re-review [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/20-swbp-minutes.html#action08]
   [DROPPED]

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2006/03/20-swbp-minutes.html#action08

   Ralph: Confused about this. Had a review?

   Guus: We had a first review.

   Jacco: My action to review was on hold pending revision of the doc.

   <scribe> ACTION: Jacco to review Part-Whole doc [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action02]
   [DROPPED]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action02

   <Jacco> ok

   Ralph: Version referenced from WG home page is on Alan Rector's
   site, dated 15 Jan.

   <Jacco> 2 weeks ago I only found a page date august 2005

   Ralph: Do we want to get it on the WG plate?

   Guus: Yes.

   <RalphS> ACTION: Ralph copy
   [30]http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~rector/swbp/simple-part-whole/simple-pa
   rt-whole-relations-v0-2.html to WG area [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action07]

     [30]
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/%7Erector/swbp/simple-part-whole/simple-part-who
le-relations-v0-2.html

   <RalphS> 15 Jan 2005

   <RalphS> Ralph: and I will fix its style to cease claiming it is a
   Working Draft

   <scribe> ACTION: Elisa/Chris to work with Ralph to make part-whole
   doc ready for publication (Elisa took over this action from Chris
   and Alan) [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action11]
   [DROPPED]

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action11

   Guus: We already voted to publish that. I don't understand Jacco's
   review action.

   Ralph: This was in limbo for a long time because of the lost bits on
   Chris Welty's hard drive crash.

   <Jacco> Ralph, the version I see on
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/ is still august
   2005

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/

   <Jacco> Ah!

   Ralph: This is confusing. OEP page points to Aug 11 2005draft, but
   WG home page (under Other Editors Drafts) points to Jan 2005
   version.

   Jacco: We discussed it during the F2F.

   Ralph: We didn't find any new bits since the F2F.

   Guus: OEP needs to find out where is the current version.

   <scribe> ACTION: Elisa to find correct latest version of part-whole
   draft. [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action09]

   Ralph: Last version checked into CVS was Aug 13 2005. W3C doesn't
   have a more recent version.

   Guus: In the meantime I'm checking the QCR note. It just requires
   final review.

   <RalphS> Ralph: the most recent version of Simple part-whole we have
   committed to W3C CVS was committed on 2005-08-13

   Guus: The only thing I think needs to be done is people working on
   OWL 1.1 initiative have also proposed a syntax for QCRs.

   QCR = Qualified Cardinality Constraints

   Guus: So it would be good to get this published so that WG could
   take it as input.

   <RalphS> OEP Home page points to ->
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/QCR/ Qualified
   cardinality restrictions

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/QCR/

   <Elisa> zakim mute me

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to propose a version of QCR note for review by
   8 May teleconf [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action10]

   <Elisa> zakim unmute me

   Guus: I propose we get rid of the part-whole actions and replace
   them with Elisa's action to find latest version.

   <Elisa> zakim mute me

   <Elisa> thanks -- :)

   <RalphS> Ralph: I will update the WG home page to cite the Aug 2005
   version of part-whole, to avoid confusion with the Jan 2005 version

   <Jacco> check!

   <scribe> ACTION: Evan to contact Feng about status of Time note
   [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action03] [DONE]

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action03

   <scribe> DONE:
   [38]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0021.
   html

     [38]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0021.html

   <Elisa> zakim unmute me

   Guus: Who was second reviewer of Time note?

   <scribe> ACTION: Elisa to figure out who was 2nd reviewer of Time
   note [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action12]

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to review OWL Time note [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action09]

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action09

   <scribe> new version of OWL Time:

   [41]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0045.
   html

     [41]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0045.html

3.3 WordNet (Aldo)

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to ask Mark to compare his doc with our
   Recipe's [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action07] NOTE
   [DONE]

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action07

   <Elisa> zakim mute me

   Guus: Proposed to use W3C URIs, and mark agreed. New draft available
   today.

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to discuss with other WN TF members about
   using W3 URI's in next draft [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action06] DONE

     [43] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action06

   <scribe> New draft (23 April):

   [44]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0060.
   html

     [44]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0060.html

   <guus>
   [45]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0073.
   html

     [45]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Apr/0073.html

   Guus: Propose publishing new draft as 1st WG draft, with one
   amendment: All URIs should work in W3C space.
   ... Mark needs to finish changing princeton URIs to W3C.
   ... Draft has had extensive discussion, and will continue being
   discussed.

   <RalphS> (yes, the 23 April draft still has princeton.edu URIs from
   Appendix G onward)

   Ralph: Jacco and Benjamin were reviewers.

   Guus: There's a message from Benjamin saying he can live with all
   the changes.

   Ralph: If we get mail confirmation from Benjamin then we're good to
   go.

   Jacco: No problem with latest version.

   <RalphS> Jacco: I haven't read the 23 April version but based on the
   mail discussion I have no problem

   Guus: Propose we publish 23 April WD on two conditions: 1. Ralph and
   Mark make URIs work in W3C space; 2. Reviewers send explicit consent
   to the list.

   <Elisa> The two original reviewers of the OWL time note were Libby
   and Jeremy according to the notes from the F2F meeting in Galway.

   Ralph: I'll Check the URIs.

   <libby> I reviewed it elisa

   <libby> and so did jeremy I think

   <Elisa> Yes -- and I believe your comments were addressed.

   <libby> yeah I think so, not sure about jeremy's offhand

   <Elisa> +

   <Jacco> second!

   DBooth: Second

   <Jacco> check!

   Jacco: I consent.

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to ask Benjamin if he agrees to the WG
   publishing 23 Apr version with the above provisos. [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action16]

   RESOLUTION: We publish 23 April Wordnet draft on two conditions: 1.
   Mark and Ralph make URIs work in W3C space; 2. Reviewers send
   explicit consent to the list.

3.5 VM - Vocabulary Management (TomB)

   (nobody here)

3.6 HTML - Embedding RDF in HTML (Ben)

   <Elisa> sorry -

   <benadida>
   [47]http://w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2006-04-24-rdfa-primer

     [47]
http://w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2006-04-24-rdfa-primer

   Ben: I'll give reviewers credit in next draft.

   <benadida> ^-- URL of latest draft

   Ben: You need to use the Mozilla browser at present, but this will
   be fixed by final draft.
   ... I think we've address all comments but need to check once more.
   ... Changes from last draft are not dramatic. They were to avoid
   contentious issues.

   <RalphS> Ben: current version uses xmlspec DTD so client-side XSLT
   required; will be in HTML form when we publish

   <RalphS>
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2006-04-24-rdfa-pri
   mer

     [48]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2006-04-24-rdfa-primer

   Ben: Want it re-reviewed.

   Guus: Two reviewers would be okay. Previous reviewers would be fine.

   <scribe> ACTION: DBooth to re-review RDFa draft by next teleconf
   (doc ready by Wed 26 Apr for review) [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action17]

   Ben: Other volunteers to review?

   Guus: Previous reviewer was Gary. Ask him if he'll review it again.

   Ben: Plan is to make the normative doc a part of XHTML 2 spec.

   <RalphS> Ralph: suggest asking Fabien to review RDFa also

   Ralph: Also ask Fabien, since he's trying to implement it.

   <scribe> ACTION: Ben to ask Gary (and Fabien) if they would review
   RDFa Primer doc [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action18]

   <Elisa> Guus and all -- I need to jump off to catch a plane. Thanks,
   and talk to you in a couple of weeks.

   Ben: We're finding beginnings of bookmarklets highlighting RDFa
   marked up terms.

   <scribe> ACTION: Ben to send examples of bookmarklets highlighting
   RDFa marked up terms to WG list [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action19]

   <scribe> ACTION: Ben_Adida to find reviewers and put
   acknowledgements in [recorded in
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action20]

   next draft [recorded in

   [53]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action09]
   [PENDING]

     [53] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action09

3.7 ADTF - Applications and Demos (Libby)

   Guus: Transition to outreach group?

   Libby: Data is there for people to take and use. Demo's broken. Page
   of RDF and XSLT is there.

   Guus: Close the TF?

   Libby: Please do close it.

   <libby> cheers guus

   RESOLUTION: Close ADTF - Applications and Demos TF

   <libby> hurrah!

3.8 RDFTM - RDF/Topic Maps Interoperability (Steve)

   (nobody here)

3.9 Tutorial Page

   (nobody here)

3.10 SE - Software Engineering

   Guus: There will be an XG on this -- perfect for continuing work on
   it.

3.11 MM - Multimedia Annotation

   Jacco: Wanted version ready May 5 for discussion in last teleconf.
   Do we need reviewers?

   Guus: Best to approach previous reviewers (Guus and Mike Uschold).

   <libby> cheers all!

   <raphael> bye

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Ben to ask Gary (and Fabien) if they would review RDFa
   Primer doc [recorded in
   [54]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action18]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ben to send examples of bookmarklets highlighting RDFa
   marked up terms to WG list [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action19]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ben_Adida to find reviewers and put acknowledgements
   in [recorded in
   [56]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action20]
   [NEW] ACTION: DBooth to re-review RDFa draft by next teleconf (doc
   ready by Wed 26 Apr for review) [recorded in
   [57]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action17]
   [NEW] ACTION: Elisa to figure out who was 2nd reviewer of Time note
   [recorded in
   [58]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action12]
   [NEW] ACTION: Elisa to find correct latest version of part-whole
   draft. [recorded in
   [59]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Guus to ask Benjamin if he agrees to the WG publishing
   23 Apr version with the above provisos. [recorded in
   [60]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action16]
   [NEW] ACTION: Guus to propose a version of QCR note for review by 8
   May teleconf [recorded in
   [61]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Guus to review OWL Time note [recorded in
   [62]http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph copy
   [63]http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~rector/swbp/simple-part-whole/simple-pa
   rt-whole-relations-v0-2.html to WG area [recorded in
   [64]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/24-swbp-minutes.html#action07]

     [62] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/12-swbp-minutes.html#action09
     [63]
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/%7Erector/swbp/simple-part-whole/simple-part-who
le-relations-v0-2.html

   [PENDING] ACTION: Elisa to ask Sem. Integ. editors to revise prior
   to final mtg [recorded in
   [65]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to sort out status of QCR note [recorded in
   [66]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action05]

     [65] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action04
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action05

   [DONE] ACTION: Evan to contact Feng about status of Time note
   [recorded in
   [67]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Guus to ask Mark to compare his doc with our Recipe's
   [recorded in
   [68]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action07] NOTE
   [DONE] ACTION: Guus to discuss with other WN TF members about using
   W3 URI's in next draft [recorded in
   [69]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action06]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph get N-ary Relation to WG Note [recorded in
   [70]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph update ADTF link to point to DOAP Wiki
   [recorded in
   [71]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action10]

     [67] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action03
     [68] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action07
     [69] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action06
     [70] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action01
     [71] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action10

   [DROPPED] ACTION: Elisa/Chris to work with Ralph to make part-whole
   doc ready for publication (Elisa took over this action from Chris
   and Alan) [recorded in
   [72]http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action11]
   [DROPPED] ACTION: Jacco to review Part-Whole doc [recorded in
   [73]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action02]
   [DROPPED] ACTION: Ralph to find out who were previous reviewers of
   part-whole doc and see if they will re-review [recorded in
   [74]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/20-swbp-minutes.html#action08]

     [72] http://www.w3.org/2006/01/23-swbp-minutes.html#action11
     [73] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/03-swbp-minutes.html#action02
     [74] http://www.w3.org/2006/03/20-swbp-minutes.html#action08

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [75]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([76]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/04/25 16:17:00 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [75]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [76] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
dbooth@hp.com
Phone: +1 617 629 8881
 
Received on Thursday, 27 April 2006 15:05:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:09:47 UTC