Re: comments: [MM] Prose Improvement

From: Jacco van Ossenbruggen <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:30:37 +0200
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
CC: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

Karl Dubost wrote:
> Example: The Abstract section (first sentences of the document)
>
> [[[
> Abstract
>
> Many applications that involve multimedia content make use of some
> form of metadata that describe this content. The goals of this
> document are (i) to explain what the advantages are of using Semantic
> Web languages and technologies for the creation, storage,
> manipulation, interchange and processing of image metadata, and (ii)
> to provide guidelines for doing so. The document gives a number of use
> cases that illustrate ways to exploit Semantic Web technologies for
> image annotation, an overview of RDF and OWL vocabularies developed
> for this task and an overview of relevant tools.

Karl,

Thanks for your comments. I've rephrased the abstract in the editor's
draft [1].
Please feel free to comment on the new prose.  It now reads:

Many applications that process multimedia content make use of some form
of metadata that describe the multimedia content. The goals of this
document are to explain the advantages of using Semantic Web languages
and technologies for the creation, storage, manipulation, interchange
and processing of image metadata. In addition, it provides guidelines
for Semantic Web-based image annotation, illustrated by use cases.
Relevant RDF and OWL vocabularies are discussed, along with a short
overview of publicly available tools.

Jacco

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html