[ALL] Seek comments for the Multimedia Semantics XG proposal

Jeff Z. Pan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The MM TF has been working on the Multimedia Semantics XG proposal and below is the current draft:
>
> http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~jpan/w3c/MSXG-proposal.html .
>
> Any comments/suggestions are warmly welcome.

Thanks Jeff.
I took your version and moved it to the MMTF CVS space so we can all
work on it.
I also made it valid XHTML and filled in the other boilerplate sections
from the W3C template, so the latest version is now at

    http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/MSXG-proposal.html

All: please have a look at this version and provide comments where
appropriate (preferably via this list, using the [MM] prefix).

Steve, Ralph:  we could use some directions from your side about picking
one of the two patent policy options.
On the one hand, I strongly believe in keeping all results from this XG
open.  On the other hand, getting more industrial participants will be
an important issue and I wouldn't want to scare them away with too
strict patent requirements.  (If you would prefer to discuss this via a
private mail or over the phone, just let me know.)

Steve, could you please let us know what we should do next to make sure
we get things done before your 15th of April report deadline?
Is the 1/5/2006 - 1/5/2007 time frame still reasonable for the charter?

Thanks,

Jacco